I Can't Wait to Have a "Style"

Options
2»

Replies

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Keep going. I know before I lost my weight I felt the same way. Yes, I could find stylish clothes that were plus size but sometimes the selection was so limited and the price was a little higher. I loved going into H&M and getting some really cheap stuff for this summer. I also loved fitting into the little mini shorts at Old Navy.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Retro Glam? Mod Cloth and Trashy diva love you NOW, no matter if you are still a bit abundant in figure.....
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    As a petite, I've never had the luxury of shopping the regular styles and being able to wear in-season fashion. But I've developed a "style" based on classic basic pieces that serves me pretty well... and that allows me to wear stuff for a very long time. (Well, barring weight loss or gain, of course).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Aw. I hear you. When I was bigger, I was still able to fit into cute clothing, but my style definitely worked around my size. Now it feels so freeing to put on a tight dress, wear a pleated skirt that actually lies flat, and just look normal in boots and jeans. You'll get it!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    funny ive seen many fat beautiful women who have a tonne of style

But i guess if thats what motivates you
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My style was black :D

I know what you mean though.

It's cheaper when you get there too.

At plus size I was paying for one pair of decent pants what I can pay for two now - that was a big incentive. And bargain racks are worth looking at now. And second hand stores. And I get hand me downs too!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great goal!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    This really speaks to me! I started off feeling the same as you, sick of frumpy plus-size stuff (couldn't afford anything remotely stylish) and just basically wearing whatever fit me, regardless of if it all went together or not. Now that I've lost over 3 stone, I can fit into cute clothes from non-plus-size sections, I finally get to buy some of the kinds of things I always wanted to, and it's just an awesome feeling. It's a very motivating goal! Good for you for setting a great, realistic goal, and best of luck with getting there!
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I feel you. This is a big motivator for my weight loss- I have a wardrobe crammed full of the CUTEST clothes, but spent the last few months basically only able to fit into my maxi skirts, yoga pants and t-shirts. It's only now, after a few months of diligence (not that long compared to the journey for some, I know) that a good number of my cute clothes are starting to fit again. What used to be my 'fat day' business suits fit again (thank heaven, since I gotta go to interviews). My favorite shirt and skirt fit this weekend when I went to dinner with some HS friends. I grinned all evening.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My style has always been jeans and whatever black shirt I could find that hid the fat rolls and had the best slimming effect. When I was plus sized I hated shopping for clothes so much, it would always result in a meltdown in the dressing room followed by 3 days of depression. :cry:

Now I am starting to wear white, gasp! and I really like the long flowing tops that extend over the hips I've been finding at Ross. Very flattering cut. I can buy just about anything in my size without trying it on and know that it will fit. That is amazing.

For 15 years I've been wearing my hair in a bun and am just now learning how to style it. Same with makeup, I never saw any reason to wear it before because I never wanted to accentuate my chubby face lol.

Not sure what my style is still but its better than it was! I'm like a whole new whoa-man!!!
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    I personally can't wait to strut around in my birthday suit with some pride! ;)

In my own house, of course!!!

Typical day for me. I don't get many visitors anymore... :-)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that now that I'm not wearing plus size, I'm more interested in the things I get in stock (I work in the women's department at a major regional retailer). I bought one dress last month (from Torrid, a size 0 there which equates to about a 16) and I'm really tempted to buy one I've had my eye one to wear in New York this weekend.
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OP - I can relate to the desire to buy new stylish clothes. You mentioned boots - here is a link to boots with wide shaft Boots Can't really testify to how good they are - just thought you might like to know wide calf boots are not too hard to find.

I enjoyed reading your post and wish you well with your goals.