Damned genetics: When the weight comes off from all the wrong places

Options

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and my goal weight is 120. I know I'm still going to be all boobs and saddlebags. I'm planning to keep working with weights to try to make the best of things, but whatever happens with it, happens. I'll probably be 53 when I hit goal. I'm past the idea that I'll ever look cute.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and my goal weight is 120. I know I'm still going to be all boobs and saddlebags. I'm planning to keep working with weights to try to make the best of things, but whatever happens with it, happens. I'll probably be 53 when I hit goal. I'm past the idea that I'll ever look cute.

If that's you in your profile pic, you look cute already.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh for tiny boobs and the lack of a Buddha belly!
    Me? I've lost in collar bones, thighs (annoyingly) and (drumroll please) the back of me pelvis. Yep, I am somehow loosing more of my non existent bum. I can feel the top of my pelvis through my back, but does my belly care? NOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, that nice stomach thread is nice, but until you have had severe overhang don't come my way!

Did you see the OP of that thread's before pics?

Yup, it's adorable. I wish for a belly like her "before"! Hers ballooned out a but, but it defied gravity, it didn't hang down.

Don't get me wrong, her advice is good, I'll follow it, but I'll never have a pretty tum

You're wrong... it did and does have hang... she freely shows her before and currents all over the boards.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

If that's you in your profile pic, you look cute already.

Awww, thanks.

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Me? I've lost in collar bones, thighs (annoyingly) and (drumroll please) the back of me pelvis. Yep, I am somehow loosing more of my non existent bum. I can feel the top of my pelvis through my back, but does my belly care? NOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, that nice stomach thread is nice, but until you have had severe overhang don't come my way!

Yup, it's adorable. I wish for a belly like her "before"! Hers ballooned out a but, but it defied gravity, it didn't hang down.

Don't get me wrong, her advice is good, I'll follow it, but I'll never have a pretty tum

You're wrong... it did and does have hang... she freely shows her before and currents all over the boards.

I'm looking at the before pics in her "revenge" thread in the success boards. No overhang I can see. :/
  • tsalagi82
    tsalagi82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 35 pounds since last fall. Did it come off from my waist, belly, butt, hips or thighs? Nope. Well, some, but those areas are still plenty big, especially my hips. Yep, pear shaped petite, here. Even though I'm 5'1" / 120lbs, I'm still wearing size 8 pants and skirts, and I still have ungainly fat rolls around the middle. My giant hips are still the first thing everyone notices about me.

Meanwhile, my neck, collarbone area, upper arms, and boobs all shrunk. My narrow shoulders seem to have gotten even narrower. My wrists got smaller, and I had to get links removed from my watches and bracelets. My feet (???) seem to have gone down by a half-size to a size, which is incredibly frustrating since I always wore an easy-to-find size 6 or 6 1/2s, and now I seem to be fitting into 5 1/2s, which are comparatively rare.

Damn uncooperative body: Why must you mock me so?

</rant>

Ok at least I know I'm not alone in the struggle! I'm 5'5", 129-131 lbs. and still wear a size 6 which is super tight on the butt. My legs and hips are still VERY fat!
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

I'm looking at the before pics in her "revenge" thread in the success boards. No overhang I can see. :/

She's pretty free about saying she tucks it in her bikini, IIRC.

• Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are gaining the shape that I want OP. I hope when my body finally start to transform - that I have wide hips under all of this fat I have. and nice thighs and butt. but anyway I hope things work out! and start to come off for you
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

She's pretty free about saying she tucks it in her bikini, IIRC.

Hehe! Well, I admit to not studying her nether-regions in too much detail. All so know is that her belly seems a petite flower next to mine!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Jerseygrrl wrote: »
    I'd, personally, give the world to be able to wear (comfortably) a dress without a bra.
    I always laugh when bigger chested Ladies say this.
    I'm a 34B and i would never wear a dress Bra-less.......unless it had built-in padded Cups! Lol

But at least you have that option. Once you've gone past a 36C, strapless bras are pretty much pointless. If a dress doesn't cover a regular bra, I can't wear it, even if I'm a size 4 and thin everywhere else.

Oh, and now they make most sports bras with those darn cups. My boobs don't fit where the cups are....

^^ This! I cannot find a sports bra that fits. Around the band, yes, but where is the rest supposed to go?! I've been to several sports specialty shops and they can't fit me. And, honestly, I'm only a 38DD. I have to wear two regular bras when I run.

Do you wear a 38DD as an everyday bra? Or are you a little smaller than that? If you wear a 38DD, you'll probably want to go up a cup size for Moving Comfort's stuff to fit. Their high-impact stuff can be SUPER snug (that would be the Juno and Rebound Racer, Juno is even more impossible to get on than Rebound Racer but it does a great job of keeping stuff in place and keeping me pain-free when I do my long runs).

If you're not quite a 38DD in your everyday bra, I have I have 3 38DD Moving Comfort Juno bras that are entirely too big for me and I'm planning to list them on ebay but would gladly send them your way if they might fit. I was a 38D in my everyday bras when I bought these and they were PERFECT before I lost weight. They've maybe been washed 12-15 times so they have plenty of wear left in them.

If you're interested, feel free to message me :)

PS yes I know this sounds kinda weird so....apologies if I've made you uncomfortable, lol!

~Lyssa

• segacs
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    PS yes I know this sounds kinda weird so....apologies if I've made you uncomfortable, lol!

I know this was addressed to @Jerseygrrl but I just wanted to say: I've frequently thought that MFP should have a clothing swap system. As people lose weight, they could offer their old clothes to people moving into the sizes they've just moved out of. And so on and so forth. It could save us all so much money!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

I know this was addressed to @Jerseygrrl but I just wanted to say: I've frequently thought that MFP should have a clothing swap system. As people lose weight, they could offer their old clothes to people moving into the sizes they've just moved out of. And so on and so forth. It could save us all so much money!

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm thankful that much of my stuff still fits OK, and I've just recently treated myself to a few new things, but a clothing exchange would be AWESOME.

~Lyssa
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite issue. I look like a bobble head now.

Are the Freya bras worth the price tag? I'm a 34G and I'd love to have good fitting bra.
  • segacs
    Options

I'm kinda jealous. I have a small head and big body. Actors and movie stars typically have large heads, so apparently that's considered the beauty standard. (Who knew?)
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

I'm kinda jealous. I have a small head and big body. Actors and movie stars typically have large heads, so apparently that's considered the beauty standard. (Who knew?)

I'm sorry. I realized after I posted that it was a bit jerky to post what I did.
  • segacs
    Options
    I'm sorry. I realized after I posted that it was a bit jerky to post what I did.

Huh? No! Nah, this whole thread is just a light-hearted place where we can all vent a bit about our various body issues, bizarre as they may seem to others. I guess none of us is ever satisfied, eh? But that wasn't jerky. Kinda funny actually.

Also, did you know about this site? Anyone can be a bobblehead.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I always envy narrow shoulders and slim arms on other women. I'm 5'0 and about 120. I have narrow hips, but from the stomach up I've always felt huge - esp. my shoulders. Like seriously, linebacker shoulders.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Huh? No! Nah, this whole thread is just a light-hearted place where we can all vent a bit about our various body issues, bizarre as they may seem to others. I guess none of us is ever satisfied, eh? But that wasn't jerky. Kinda funny actually.

Also, did you know about this site? Anyone can be a bobblehead.

Okay, good. :)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    It does exist! I'm a 28FF(H in American sizes), live in Canada, and I have no problem getting my size in Freya (my preferred brand) and occasionally others too. Almost all decent specialty stores carry them now and I can order them on Amazon.ca for half the price once I find a style I like. Seriously, make a couple phone calls to nearby boutiques and I bet they can help you out. I am SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE and way, way happier now that I've got bras that fit properly. Zero back pain and I'm not constantly messing with the band and straps like I used to when I tried to jam myself into 32DDs.

Where??? Which specialty stores???

Seriously, please tell me where you find these magical sizes! I've ordered in the past off Amazon.com (and paid exchange / shipping) when I already know my size and style. But trying on before I buy, nada. The department stores just have a small size range, and La Senza or La Vie En Rose are equally useless. I had high hopes when a Change opened a few years ago, but I find their bras to be really lousy quality.

(I'm in Quebec, by the way.)

Lingerie Lilianne carries specialty sizes that you won't find in La Senza/La Vie En Rose. Get a fitting done and then try on a bunch until you find the best fit! So worth it!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I bought my (smaller) Moving Comfort Fiona bra at the Running Room here in Alberta, I think you have those in Quebec, but I'm not sure what kind of size range they carry.