How do you motivate when you are just BURNED OUT?

2»

Replies

• cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Working out every day, especially if you are getting up early, can be a chore. I myself just do some walking after work or during the day since I work out doors. Waiting for weather to get better and time to go golfing. I always carry my clubs which burns a lot of calories and I kind of have fun even though I am a terrible golfer. For me going to the gym and getting on a machine is good but after a while I feel like a hamster on a wheel, going no where fast. i also do little things to get more steps like parking further away at the store when I go or just walk to the store if I am just going for a few things. i am in maintenance now so it's not so urgent to lose a good amount of pounds for me now.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    I know the feeling. It's all part of the process. The thing is, you have to keep making the right choices whether you FEEL like it or not.

So true. Goes along with that saying: You either do it or, you don't. It is that simple. Maybe the key is that people, in general want to feel comfortable knowing that don't have to do it? I would love to have someone say that to me (and have it be true). Well, you don't have to....but, those darn consequences....
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Wow, some tremendous advice! And a few laughs too, thanks for those =)

It seems a popular trend is taking a break and scheduling some rest days. I have been so focused on not losing focus, that I feel like I'm losing myself in the process. Thanks for the reminder; I really appreciate all your feedback and kind words!

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    When I feel burnt out I make myself exercise for 10 mins once I get up I usually do more but if not at least I did something, hang in there, its ok to take a rest day to as lng a it doesnt turn int a rest week