AdvoCare

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Nothing more than overpriced supplements. Yes, people lose weight on them. No, it is not even remotely needed. Mainly useful for people who don't want to educate themselves on proper nutrition and apply that education, but rather have someone tell them what to ingest and when to ingest it, imho. ymmv
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If it works, then what is the problem. Plus Advocare is not just the 24 Day Challenge. It's common when people don't understand things they put them down.

Your attitude is not selling me on the authenticity of your product. A good sales associate would find a way to slide in a pitch without directly offending anyone or trying to question their A) ability to research or B) knowledge base (especially when working in a vacuum where you are unfamiliar with their back ground).

Sorry I am not trying to sell you on anything. I am not a sales associate. I simply share what I know has worked for me and thousands upon thousands of others. The original poster asked about it. I did not start the thread, I merely replied. I do not lie or hype anything. Now as far as simply selling meal replacements, that is the furthest from the truth and that is what I was saying the person doesn't understand. The 24 Day Challenge provides a meal plan that has real food in it. Yes they can have a shake, but it is not the only thing they eat.

You guys can bash things all you want, I do not take it personal. Not everyone has the time or dedication to design a meal plan, shopping lists and work out schedule. We merely provide that. Sure you can find some of the stuff cheaper, better? I doubt it, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to get it for 40% off so no I cannot find it cheaper.

So go ahead attack away. I am doing what I feel is best for myself and my family. To quote Dr. Wayne Dyer, "What you think of me is none of my business."
  • Leah_Sudela
    Options
    I LOVE AdvoCare! It's NOT a diet - it helps and teaches you what to eat, what to avoid, for long term success. It is all real food. The 24 Day Challenge helps you get on track with your life style change.

I've heard a lot of bashing about it but I have definitely heard way more positive. That is why I tried it. I didn't lose much weight on the scale (about 4lbs) but I lost 12.75" in the 24 days! It's geared more towards teaching you to eat "cleaner" and maintain an active lifestyle. Which, YES, you can totally get for free here, etc. I am just a type of person that works better on a challenge and it happened to work fabulously for me! My challenge ended about a month and a half ago and I am still losing weight and inches!
    That is why I say it is not a diet - it teaches you how to make better choices daily. I've not been taking any Advo-products except Omegas lately but I completely plan to do another challenge. I completely recommend it!
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    AdvoCare is a massive Multi Level Marketing (aka pyramid scheme) scam. Don't believe me? Look it up.

That ought to tell you all you need to know about them. Chances are anyone who endorses/defends them is trying to sell the products.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    AdvoCare is a massive Multi Level Marketing (aka pyramid scheme) scam. Don't believe me? Look it up.

That ought to tell you all you need to know about them. Chances are anyone who endorses/defends them is trying to sell the products.

Pyramid Schemes and Scams are illegal. I'm sorry but most are shut down rather quickly. Advocare has been around for 20 years. I guess the hundreds of unpaid professional athletes must be trying to sell products, because they endorse it. I just love blanket false statements.
  • wadedawg
    Options
    Pyramid Schemes and Scams are illegal. I'm sorry but most are shut down rather quickly. Advocare has been around for 20 years. I guess the hundreds of unpaid professional athletes must be trying to sell products, because they endorse it. I just love blanket false statements.

What pro atheletes endorse it? I mean unpaid endorsements.

"NFL,NHL, MLB etc - Outrageous claims were made about Advocare being the only supplements allowed in pro locker rooms. All supplements used by pro athletes are screened and cleared by NSF International. Only three companies are allowed and Advocare is not one of them.

Texans "clean sweep" http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/texans-institute-clean-sweep-on-locker-room-supplements/1

http://www.nsf.org/index.asp

The only supplement company approved for use in major league sports is EAS.

Certified for Sport - EAS and Redbull have been tested, accepted and listed. Advocare is not.

http://www.nsfsport.com/listings/certified_products.asp"

"Professional and celebrity endorsements are used quite heavily as a way to gain trust. I have heard many times that these sponsors are not paid and support Advocare because of the great products they make. While I did not dig into the endorsement side of Advocare, I did stumble upon the contradiction of the claim, "unpaid endorsers" with one of their most notable endorser, Drew Brees.

While Advocare may not pay Drew Brees directly, they supply him and his family with all of the product they want. Advocare is also a contributor to the "Drew Brees Foundation. The biggest contradiction to the "unpaid endorser" claim can be found on Drew Brees personal website. Here he lists all of the financial sponsors who support him. Advocare is on that list.

Drew Brees

http://www.advocare.com/company/spokesperson.aspx

"AdvoCare supports the Drew Brees Foundation, started by Drew and his wife Brittany and participated in the "The Amazing Race" event in New Orleans presented by the foundation."

Drew Brees paid to endorse Advocare, among others; http://www.drewbrees.com/disclaimer http://blogs.forbes.com/jeffbercovici/2010/12/23/drew-brees-toes-ftcs-line-on-twitter-endorsements/"

"Advocare is quick to sell you on the business aspect of signing on as a distributor. One of the biggest carrots that they dangle in front of you is financial freedom the amount of money you can make. What they are less likely to tell you are what the odds are against you in being successful. Or, the actual average income Advocare distributors make. Why? Because the failure rate of distributors is around 95%. A person has a better chance of winning money by gambling in Las Vegas.

The average annual income of a "Gold Level" distributor is $36,849; before expenses. On average, it takes a person about 2 years to get there and out of all of the distributors under Advocares umbrella, only 2% reach this level. The averages for the next level up, "Gold 3 Star", is $40,516 per year before expenses and only .44% (less than one half of one percent!) of distributors are at this level. And these numbers only represent those that have earned a check from Advocare. The link below shows the actual Advocare Income disclosure statement.

http://www.advofit.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/2010incomedisclosurestatement.pdf

99.1% of all people lost money with Advocare

http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/bizoppstaffreport/00008-57281.pdf

Consider this quote from Advocare"˜s Policy and Procedures manual regarding its compensation plan: "You may choose any method you like to achieve Advisor status. These examples point out the practical reasons you always want to track your volume if you think you"˜re close to qualifying Advisor status and if necessary, cover the $500 Personal Volume with your own purchases."

http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/bizoppstaffreport/00014-57319.pdf

AdvoCare has been named in 11 ephedra-related lawsuits

http://www.lawfuel.com/show-release.asp?ID=4630

Advocare lost lawsuit in November 2010

http://www.courtstuff.com/5TH/EDOCS/10/0/10059018.PDF

Page# 4,5,6 - statement of facts partially reads as follows:

"The rule of following the money to understand causation is readily apparent: Mark Leitgeb, one of 2 Million Dollar Men (see infra), profited from 5 of the 6 terminations, Diane McDaniel, the wife of Danny McDaniel, the other Million Dollar Man, profited from 3, and Advocare itself profited from 3.

Danny McDaniel claimed that he saw no conflict of interest in terminating 3 of his best friends and former football heros when their earnings then flowed up to his wife, because he had been instructed ("convicted") to do so by the Lord. McDaniel 8RR 222-227"

The above quote is taken directly from court records.

http://www.5thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/EDOCS/10/0/10091719.PDF

"Jury Awards Million Dollar Verdict Against Advocare

Dallas Jury Returns $1.9 Million Verdict Against Nutritional Supplement Provider AdvoCare. A Dallas jury has awarded a $1.9 million verdict against AdvoCare International L.P., a Carrollton, Texas-based multi-level marketer and supplier of nutritional supplements and skincare products. Following a two-week trial in Dallas County's 191st District Court, jurors found that the company violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act by engaging in an unconscionable action by canceling agreements with distributors Bruce and Teresa Badgett of Arlington. 2009"

AdvoCare Disputes Drug Test Ruling

"AdvoCare International is disputing an arbitration panel's finding that a contaminated AdvoCare dietary supplement caused swimmer Jessica Hardy to test positive for a banned performance enhancing substance.

With its decision Monday, the panel shortened Hardy's competition ban to one year, from two. Carrollton-based AdvoCare said Tuesday in a statement that the panel's finding "is in direct conflict" with "independent" testing that showed Hardy's supplements to be free of contaminants. Also, the company said, the arbitration process was "severely flawed," in part because AdvoCare was not allowed to participate or even attend.

Howard Jacobs, Hardy's attorney, said in a statement that the arbitrators were correct in not allowing AdvoCare into the process and that the scientific evidence presented by his client at the hearing "was fully vetted through vigorous cross-examination."

According to a copy of the arbitration panel's report posted on the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's Web site, "miniscule quantities" of clenbuterol, a banned substance, were found in one of the AdvoCare supplements, Arginine Extreme. Supplements from the same lots Hardy used were tested at the swimmer's request."

"The top court in sports ruled in Hardy's favor Friday, siding with her claim that a contaminated supplement was to blame and rejecting an appeal by the World Anti-Doping Agency to extend her suspension for another year." 5/21/2010

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2010-05-21-1056744171_x.htm

http://steroidreport.com/2008/08/03/jessica-hardy-advocare-supplements-contain-clenbuterol/#more-181"

Advocare is a friggin scam. Period.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Oh so you dug up all kinds of negative info. So you must be right. How silly of me for thinking for myself and not going with the herd. Thank you for showing me the folly of my ways oh wise one.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Google Penn and Teller on You Tube about MLM's......they tell it like it is.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
  • wadedawg
    Options
    Oh so you dug up all kinds of negative info. So you must be right. How silly of me for thinking for myself and not going with the herd. Thank you for showing me the folly of my ways oh wise one.

No problem. I checked your profile, and you hock the crap. I rest my case. Do you also sell Amway? Thinking for yourself? Hardly pal. You spout the same prepackaged crap everyone who sells this bs does, and it's primarily lies and half-truths. The truth about both the company and its products is freely available on the internet, and it doesn't take much looking to find it. Keep preying on the gullible.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I've never heard of it, so it can't be too good. Supposed it's been around a while from reading the thread.

I lost weight by exercising a little and going into calorie deficit. It's free of charge, too (no gym membership for me!)

If you like it and it works for you great, I'll continue to keep my money in the bank and buy groceries with it and I'll still be losing over here.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have used Advocare in the past and I really their products. I love the Spark energy drink that they have and also loved their meal replacement shakes. I have done the 24 day challenge and I did lose weight. That being said, I dont think that there is any quick fix for weight loss no matter what the product or brand.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No problem. I checked your profile, and you hock the crap. I rest my case. Do you also sell Amway?...

...Keep preying on the gullible.
    Speaking of which, he apparently sells Beachbody as well.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Just so we are clear I answered someone's question. I did not start the conversation. I didn't sell her on it. People really need to get off their high horse.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you want to do the Advocare 24 day Challenge, you can do it without buying their overpriced crap. The first part is a 10 day cleanse. You're drinking tons of water and eating lean protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. Stuff you are probably doing anyway. Only difference is you drink a sugar-free fiber supplement drink for breakfast with a piece of fruit. The cleanse is really low-carb and low-fat. The fiber supplement keeps you from getting constipated. Take a multivitamin and a fish oil capsule daily instead of using Advocare's add ons. Phase 2, you drink a meal replacement shake for breakfast and you can have a bit more healthy fats and a tad bit more carbs. In both phases, you have to exercise for 30min 5-6 days a week.

You don't need their fiber supplement, you can cheaply buy Metamucil at the store or a generic equivalent. You can replace Advocare's Spark drink with caffeine-free energy shots aka B Vitamin drinks. And you can buy protein meal replacement shakes or make your own. Either way you look at it, the Advocare challenge is nothing more than a low-carb, low-fat diet paired with daily exercise except Advocare will charge you $150-$160 for their products.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Yup
  • Momof3kidz16
    Momof3kidz16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anyone have results to share? Or is anyone doing the challenge?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    During the first time I did the challenge I lost 12.5 pounds and 16 inches. More importantly I felt great!!
  • RockingThis
    Options
    I heard about it a month ago.. i almost did it because my sister in law was.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My co-worker's daughter had good results following the 24 day program, but I'm too cheap to do it. If you know what you're doing, you can follow a similar program with cheaper supplements rather than going with the Advocare stack. At the end of the day, I'd rather stick with a more traditional diet where I track calories and macros becuase it's something you can stick with long term.