Ladies 5'3 or under! How much do you eat???

Options
Have any of you smaller women lost weight eating over 1200 calories a day, I keep reading everywhere that if you are smaller its harder to lose weight and I'm getting nervous eating at 1300 won't get me where I want to be by November. I am 5'2 and I want to be 110, I am 122 right now.

Replies

• Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how much you exercise.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi..i'm 5 1. I started off eating 1200 and lost abt 30 lbs that way, then i switched it up to 1350 lost another 15 lbs. Currently i'm eating around 1440 a day and i have lost 7 lbs. As I got fitter I noticed I needed to eat a bit more to keep my energy level up. It's working out pretty well for me and I'm hoping to lose the last 30 lbs over the rest of t his year.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to add I work out 45 min a day 6 days a week. Not including random walks I go on.
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    Totally depends on how much you exercise.

Okay well I exercise for 60mins 5 days. A week, I burn around 400calories
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600-1800 calores every day and have went from 164 (Jan 1st) to 145 (today), and that was with a 2 weeks break and eating at maintenance.

ETA:
    I am 5'3" and I run 4 days a week, between 3-6 miles.
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    Hi..i'm 5 1. I started off eating 1200 and lost abt 30 lbs that way, then i switched it up to 1350 lost another 15 lbs. Currently i'm eating around 1440 a day and i have lost 7 lbs. As I got fitter I noticed I needed to eat a bit more to keep my energy level up. It's working out pretty well for me and I'm hoping to lose the last 30 lbs over the rest of t his year.

Do you think I should eat at 1200 calories a day? I would eat back my exercise calories then
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". If I'm trying to lose weight, especially without exercise and I have an injury, the ONLY way I can do it is to eat 1200 or below most days. I'm about 100, maybe a little more.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    4'11" 39 years old and 120 ish pounds. I eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and eating 1100 - 1300 calories. I always eat back exercise calories, as well.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and much older than you. I exercise 6 days a week, less than an hour each time, and I eat 1600 - 1700 calories a day, and I'm still losing.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 1200.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1360 for months and was stuck. Then I tried the TDEE calculations and very reluctantly increased my calories to 1600 and I started to lose again. Go figure, eh?
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have any of you smaller women lost weight eating over 1200 calories a day, I keep reading everywhere that if you are smaller its harder to lose weight and I'm getting nervous eating at 1300 won't get me where I want to be by November. I am 5'2 and I want to be 110, I am 122 right now.
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    I just keep finding all this info about shorter people having to eat lower calories. I would really like to lose this weight before my birthday, so it's important I figure this out.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    5'3 and a half (give or take half an inch) and I'm eating a least 1500 a day, sometimes as much as 1900. I lift the days a week and do a Jillian Michaels video 3 days a week, sometimes with an account extra video if I feel up to it. I don't eat back workout calories, but i do increase by a protein shake on lift days.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    1200 calories/day and I don't eat my exercise calories back. 26 pounds gone in 5 months. I run 4 x week and do yoga at least once a week.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on the person. You are young and have a high activity level, so I think you can definitely eat more. I am 5'2". I weighed in at 101 this morning. I eat 1900 to 2100 or so for maintenance (more on occasional days as well). For a cut I ate 1800 a day (aiming for 1750 to 1880). I can't eat less than around 1750 and still be healthy and able to function at my full capacity. I don't exercise a lot. I lift weights at the gym for 30 minutes a few times a week (when I am on track), but I am also just generally active as a dancer and in other ways. And I am 35 (mother of 2).
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    5'0" and 1350.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just keep finding all this info about shorter people having to eat lower calories. I would really like to lose this weight before my birthday, so it's important I figure this out.

It really depends and varies. But, right now there is a lot of misinformation out there that petite women can't eat a lot and that is not always true at all. There is that book "The Petite Advantage" that contributes to this misinformation.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    for the first 6 months I ate 1300 calories and didn't eat them back then I hit a Plato. Now I eat 1500 and eat back some of my calories. 5'1 and 39.