what excuses did you make for not losing weight.

Options

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "i'll be ugly anyway because i'll have disgusting saggy skin, so why bother?"
    honestly, i haven't found a way to disprove that yet - my only motivation is knowing i'm getting stronger and healthier.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Too busy.
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if I'm fat. It doesn't bother me.
    Yes it did. And I did something about it.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't getting bigger, the clothing companies were making their sizes smaller lol

now days, I try things on and think 'hey, when did xx company start making their M so big??' haha
  • kaylaaah88
    kaylaaah88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I could be happy not eating whatever I want, whenever I wanted to. I would either starve myself or binge eat. I thought eating 1200 calories or less a day was necessary and that if I ate more than that then I might as well eat whatever I wanted because that day was already a waste anyways. Man, I was dumb.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    that i was happy being fat (and i WAS, just not happy with how i LOOKED)

that 2 kids, a disabled husband and a lot of stress would do it to anyone

that i was healthy even if i was fat

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I used injury, stress, lack of sleep and hypothyroidism as my excuse. No more!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I never saw myself as obese..
    It was such a gradual process that I became like the frog in the boiling pot.

It wasn't until the water was starting to real boil did I start to take notice.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    "I carry it well, it doesn't look that bad" Yes, it does.

that too.

and yes, it does look that bad! :/ LOL
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I know tat it is pretty lame but I tried getting away with the old I broke my back, ruptured my colon and my spleen excuse. But once I had the colostomy reversal I really didn't feel like it was a viable excuse any longer.
    Yeah I know "LAME!"
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Honestly, I never saw myself as obese..
    It was such a gradual process that I became like the frog in the boiling pot.

It wasn't until the water was starting to real boil did I start to take notice.

yeah... my 'boiling' day was probably the day i realized I weighed 250 pounds.

that was a really crappy day. LOLOLOLOL
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i never made excuses for my obesity, rather i just accepted it. looking back, the reasons I became fat, quit smoking, became a pasta/cheese/bread vegetarian and bought a car all around the same time.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I didn't have an excuse really, I just didn't care that I was fat. This "diet" is the first time I've ever attempted to lose weight, and I did so for health reasons.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The hole in the ozone layer is letting in too much gravity.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used to say, "You don't look 300+ pounds, you have nothing to worry about. You're perfectly healthy. You don't really need to lose weight to impress anyone. You love food too much. There has to be a quick fix that will help. You're not as bad as those people on my 600 pound life, you'll never get to that point. These people on The Biggest Loser are only losing weight because they have trainers. You don't have that kind of self control. You'll start tomorrow. There are still cute clothes in your size. You are sassy and have a killer *kitten*. Your husband loves you this way. Who cares what everyone else thinks? You can't even lose the weight, you've always been this way, always will be. You have a thyroid problem, when you get health insurance, you'll get that checked out and it will all drop off instantly." Almost everything up there is a lie. My husband does love me no matter what but I do want to look better for him and I want to be around for my niece. I want to really LIVE so, I need to lose weight. I don't know who skinny Deanna is, I've never met her, and I desperately want to.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    oldbod wrote: »
    I'm a (recovering) chocoholic. :)

I hope I never recover!
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I actually gained a few pounds, unknowingly, over a few months time. I weighed 165-170 lb.

I always looked thin with clothes on but I started noticing a little bit of skin I could grab here and there, which isn't normal for me.

One day I weighed myself... 190. Been eating better ever since. Now I'm back to 176.6 lb, 10 more to go.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "How can I be fat? Look at me compared to ___________!"

Just because I am still smaller than (fill in the blank) does not mean that I haven't become FAT.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i put my weight on so fast i didn't think i was much bigger than i had been. like someone else posted i seriously thought sizes were getting smaller. i remember thinking what size 20 pants? this store must make tiny sizes! then after a year a weighed myself. i had put 40lbs on that year bringing me up to 215. i couldn't believe it. i started the next day and never looked back