Options
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The Day i've Been Dreading Has Come...

• Manderator
    Manderator Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I am so inspired by you! Wow. You have such an amazing story of victory!!!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Manderator wrote: »
    You are amazing. I am so inspired by you! Wow. You have such an amazing story of victory!!!

Thank you! :)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hi Ricky, your story is amazing. You have been through so much and are a survivor. I'm happy I found your thread because you are someone that can inspire so many people out there to change their own small world and live life to the fullest. I haven't had time yet to watch your videos but I promise I will try tomorrow. I'm not using the Cambridge Weight Plan since March and have lost over 12kg already. Right now I'm battling illness so unable to workout due to abdominal pain. I'm not giving up though because I've come too far to quit now.Thank so much for helping me regain my focus. Add me if you like, I'd love to follow your story more closely. Joanne
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • jorinya
    Options
    Not patethic at all! You should be proud of yourself. Try drink some water cos I think you dehydrated my dear. Flavour it with some lemon juice if you like for a different taste. You are stronger than this. You can and will get through it. Pm me if you wanna chat. I'm here everyday all day.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Not patethic at all! You should be proud of yourself. Try drink some water cos I think you dehydrated my dear. Flavour it with some lemon juice if you like for a different taste. You are stronger than this. You can and will get through it. Pm me if you wanna chat. I'm here everyday all day.

Thanks, I drank quite a bit of water. Good idea with adding the lemon. I heard adding fresh squeezed lemon juice is actually a pretty healthy option.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »

Thanks, I drank quite a bit of water. Good idea with adding the lemon. I heard adding fresh squeezed lemon juice is actually a pretty healthy option.

Cucumber slices and the rind of citrus fruits add great flavor as well! Just wanted to jump in and say that I'm really glad you're still going at it, still here and still making progress - keep it up!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Cucumber slices and the rind of citrus fruits add great flavor as well! Just wanted to jump in and say that I'm really glad you're still going at it, still here and still making progress - keep it up!

Thanks! I'll give it a try :)
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ricky I give you tons of credit for doing this. Good for you! After all, it is FOR YOU! You've done so well already. Keep it up. I can relate to your background somewhat as I have lost my mom, sister (only sibling) and lastly my dad. All my aunts and uncles are either dead or the few that are left have alzheimers-type diseases.

I spent the last 25 years working in Emergency Services on shift work, so I spent most of that time living with high stress and high cortisol levels (which is really bad for a person) and stress eating my way to a 50-60 lb weight gain.

I had Graves disease and was treated by radioactive iodine which basically nukes your thyroid, so I'm on meds for life for that one. I'm on high BP meds for past 10+ years and my meds have increased 4x. My doctor is probably on the payroll of the drug companies as that seems to be his answer to everything. When I was initially diagnosed with high BP I was really scared and asked him if I cut out salt, lose weight and exercise will that help and he said, no-not really. REALLY???? I know better now and am trying to do something about it.

So far I've lost 8-9 lbs and this has taken me 6 weeks or more. I struggle with motivation several times every day. Unfortunately I love to eat and of course love all the wrong foods.

So, I'm happy to be on this journey with you. I know that if we stick to it, we can do it! (as long as the motivation holds out).

Cate
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Your honesty is a beautiful thing.
    When I've got more time I will view the vlogs. In the meantime, keep up the good work!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    janisvin wrote: »
    Your honesty is a beautiful thing.
    When I've got more time I will view the vlogs. In the meantime, keep up the good work!

Thank you! :)
    Cate1898 wrote: »
    Ricky I give you tons of credit for doing this. Good for you! After all, it is FOR YOU! You've done so well already. Keep it up. I can relate to your background somewhat as I have lost my mom, sister (only sibling) and lastly my dad. All my aunts and uncles are either dead or the few that are left have alzheimers-type diseases.

I spent the last 25 years working in Emergency Services on shift work, so I spent most of that time living with high stress and high cortisol levels (which is really bad for a person) and stress eating my way to a 50-60 lb weight gain.

I had Graves disease and was treated by radioactive iodine which basically nukes your thyroid, so I'm on meds for life for that one. I'm on high BP meds for past 10+ years and my meds have increased 4x. My doctor is probably on the payroll of the drug companies as that seems to be his answer to everything. When I was initially diagnosed with high BP I was really scared and asked him if I cut out salt, lose weight and exercise will that help and he said, no-not really. REALLY???? I know better now and am trying to do something about it.

So far I've lost 8-9 lbs and this has taken me 6 weeks or more. I struggle with motivation several times every day. Unfortunately I love to eat and of course love all the wrong foods.

So, I'm happy to be on this journey with you. I know that if we stick to it, we can do it! (as long as the motivation holds out).

Cate

You can do it! Stay focused! Think of the long term goal and how much happier you'll be once you achieve them.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I hope you are having a great day and its getting easier to be off soda!
  • jorinya
    Options
    How are you feeling today? You are an inspiration to many out there. Keep it up!
  • TheBigDirection
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
This discussion has been closed.