COFFEE CREAMER HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have tried many others but still go back to my regular creamer as I love tue taste. I use 2 tablespoons per coffee mug. 70 calories is worth it to me. I am satisfied with that one large cup.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Learn to like black?

I did this after a lot of struggling with using half and half and logging those calories. I drink 1/2 caff but I have 4-10 cups a day.

I never used sugar though. Now, I prefer my coffee black. And it makes having coffee, getting coffee so much more easier. And other people are more willing to get me coffee! They know just get a black coffee and I'm happy. No one has to remember how I like it or what I do or don't want. Win/win.

• emjay196363
    emjay196363 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia instead of sugar in my coffee. It tasted weird at first so I'd mix it with a little sugar, and gradually I switched to all Stevia. Having a little sweetness for 0 calories went a long way to helping me cut my creamer (evaporated milk) down to 2 Tblsp.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I log all of my coffee for the day with my breakfast so that I don't skip.one. I use either French Vanilla coffee mate (35 calories/Tbs) or full fat half and half (20 calories/Tbs). I drink that 5 times a day in a 16oz coffee mug. I gave up the creamer during Lent 2014, and my family was amazed that I chose that to sacrifice. I had already lost 45lbs and so far, I have kept it off for 18months.

My point: don't sacrifice anything to lose weight that you aren't willing to give up forever to keep it off. I haven't changed the things I eat or drink. I've changed the way I eat and drink them.

Best of luck!

ETA: I don't drink.all of that as caffeinated coffee and I periodically give it up, just to make sure I can. ;-) I can live without it, I just happened to like it a lot. I also eat lemons. I like bitter/sour foods.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i use either fat free half and half or skim milk. Half and half is better and lightens more, but skim milk is a decent substitute. During the week I add sugar in the raw, but at home I toss in truvia to sweeten.

I've been having dairy trouble lately though, so I might be switching to almond milk here soon... hope it's not awful!
  • cootyschwoota
    cootyschwoota Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also wont sacrifice my morning coffee i use international delight hersheys chocolate caramel 35 calories per tbsp but i only use 2 tbsp for 70 calories. Then DaVinci gourmet makes a zero calorie "caramel syrup" (i found at Walmart) which i add and one packet of sweet n low. Thats my perfect cup of 70 calorie coffee. I experimented quite a bit getting it down from about 140 calories a cup. Hope this helps!