Do you log every morsel?

Options
123457»

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    The only thing that I don't log is free samples at the grocery store, I figure they wouldn't be free if I had to log them.

The simple solution to that is to not take free samples at the grocery store!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    runmama411 wrote: »
    I had a Weight Watchers leader explain this issue in this manner, and it makes me log every bite I put in my mouth to this day.

Imagine carrying around one of those plastic grocery bags with you all day long. Inside the bag, I want you to imagine putting every unlogged food bite you eat for the day. At the end of the day, when you look inside this bag, you may very well have several hundred calories that you're not accounting for.

Bites, tastes, and nibbles all have calories. Log them if you want a true measure of your daily calorie intake.

Really good visual. Thanks!
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I log everything except black coffee, diet soda and seasonings (I use them rarely and sparingly).
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

One thing I do with things I'm grazing on is to weigh the package at the start of the morning, write the grams on the package, and then weigh before I go to bed and then make sure my logging is accurate.

Good idea!! I guess using the same method, once could identify the total calories in, say a chocolate easter bunny one nibbles on all week, and then just use the total calories whenever that bunny is gone....hypothetically :)

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log everything. The only exception being vitamins and supplements. Nothing I take in that area has significant calories, so I don't bother.

This is actually one reason I came here from weight watchers, I wanted to be able to see everything and see it broken down so I know when I need to cut back on the sodium or carbs for example. I am only about 1/3 of the way into my weight loss goal, so I still have things to learn and I feel like the only way I can do that is by seeing every little bite.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything as accurately as I can. Once in awhile if I'm having a small bite or two of something I don't bother.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I personally log everything because I'd rather overestimate my calories consumed than underestimate them. If you don't log everything, it's easy to psychologically talk yourself into eating something using the reasoning "it's not that many calories anyways".

And like everyone else has said, calories do add up! Even little bitty ones :smile:
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I try to - it does make a difference for sure and using the app makes it easy. a tablespoon of oil, a bite of potato salad, some chips all add up as empty calories. I don't want to waste my time with empty calories!