Wanted: A group of buddies so we can motivate and encourage each other.

Options
I an looking to lose a little over 100 pounds. I recently lost that much but slowly gained it back over two years. It was hard to motivate myself once I started gaining it back and so I just kept sliding down that slope to where I an now. I an gonna take it a day at a time and a pound at a time so I can get back to where I felt good and comfortable in my skin. :)

Replies

• IoneTCrosby
    IoneTCrosby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I wish you the best! Keep focus on your goals e eat healthier and exercise before you know you will get there! Be patience and kind to your self you can do that day by day!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just sending you a friend request now. I started with just under 100lbs to lose, I'm 37lbs in and 60 something to go - the motivation and support of friends on here has been one of the biggest helps! We can do this :)
  • bwilliams120
    bwilliams120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have over 100 pounds to lose! We can do this!!
  • cazikiz
    cazikiz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! I like public diaries, too, as it can give me a little inspiration :)
    I had a healthy smoothie for breakfast, it tastes pretty gross but it's giving me a lot of satisfaction
  • NigelT2015
    NigelT2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me too, I have recently started to get get fit again, and would love to chat to like minded people who are on the same journey as i am
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. I just started back here about a month ago, and the friends I had accumulated two years ago, most have gone quiet. I like the interaction on my wall and getting feedback when I ask a question or on my diary. I have lost 9lbs since Mar 18th. I'm looking to lost a total of 85lbs.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, so you are not alone. All of these folks' comments show that you're not alone and in fact, are in good company. I suspect that most of us here on MFP have done this dance before. Keeping it off is the hardest part, for me. I'm just getting back at it too (after regaining 40 of the pounds I lost) and, in fact, about five minutes ago started a new group called "The Revolving Door" because I thought it would be nice to have the support of folks who have been down this road. No judgment about having regained here! If you think having the support of folks who have been down that road before and are facing the same challenges as you are, check it out. Maybe we "regainers" can all help keep each other on track! :) Whatever you choose, good luck and keep at it. Like someone else here said, if you've done it once, you can do it again!
  • AnewDiva81
    AnewDiva81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jmemec wrote: »
    I an looking to lose a little over 100 pounds. I recently lost that much but slowly gained it back over two years. It was hard to motivate myself once I started gaining it back and so I just kept sliding down that slope to where I an now. I an gonna take it a day at a time and a pound at a time so I can get back to where I felt good and comfortable in my skin. :)

Motivation is definitely key in this journey. It's something I've struggled to have and without it I fail to accomplish my goals. I'm friend requesting you now so we can encourage and motivate each other. Anyone else looking too build a support system feel free to add me.