Just say "NO" whats your tip?

Options
13»

Replies

• jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I try to keep all the binge type food out of my house, I also have a "fat" picture on my phone, its truly awful and every time I think about eating everything and anyhing in site I look at that. If all else fails I drink a tonne of water which usually makes me feel a little sick and then have to sit down, it stops me thinking of eating loads.
    This makes me a little bit sad. I honestly don't think self-loathing and making yourself feel sick are the best ways to develop a healthier relationship with food.

its not self loathing at all, its a picture of me post weight loss at a time I wasnt happy with myself, I am loving the new me so far and am proud of my achievment, the photo is merely a reminder that I have worked hard and not to ruin it. Drinking loads of water fills me up alot and takes my mind off food. Please can I stress at no point do I make myself sick, undereat or loathe myself!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I try to keep all the binge type food out of my house, I also have a "fat" picture on my phone, its truly awful and every time I think about eating everything and anyhing in site I look at that. If all else fails I drink a tonne of water which usually makes me feel a little sick and then have to sit down, it stops me thinking of eating loads.
    This makes me a little bit sad. I honestly don't think self-loathing and making yourself feel sick are the best ways to develop a healthier relationship with food.

its not self loathing at all, its a picture of me post weight loss at a time I wasnt happy with myself, I am loving the new me so far and am proud of my achievment, the photo is merely a reminder that I have worked hard and not to ruin it. Drinking loads of water fills me up alot and takes my mind off food. Please can I stress at no point do I make myself sick, undereat or loathe myself!
    Ok, cool. That's just how I read your original post. :smile:
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. When I get the caffeine buzz of a couple cups of coffee I notice I don't feel as hungry.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Don't have them in the house. Or if the rest of the family insists on having them, have an alternative which is indivisually wrapped, so you have a single reasonable serving rather than the option of dipping into the tin/pack for "just one more".

I do this just so I can have proper portion control for all of us.
    While I don't binge eat and never did I would suggest not having those foods in the house and only buying them as an occasional treat. Before I got a handle on calorie counting and portion control i didn't allow certain foods in the house. I used to send my husband out with the kids for ice-cream instead of keeping it in the house. Now that I've reached my goal and went past it I don't bother with the junk that's in the house because I don't want to go backwards and ruin everything I've accomplished. For me its more than just losing the weight. I no longer have high cholesterol or high blood pressure. I'm off all meds.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    hahahaha I actually just saw this earlier today! It is PERFECT for your question! I totally do this all the time! (Sad, but true!)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151499579697712&set=vb.285102642711&type=2&theater

I felt myself reacting when he threw that cupcake away, like I was watching him destroy something precious. So much easier to not have that stuff in the house.