What do u have for dinner?

Options
Monikaj4
Monikaj4 Posts: 28 Member
what do u guys have for dinner? Just trying to get more ideas to cook for healthy dinner

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Our go to dinners during the week are fajitas, tacos, steak with mash and steamed veg, chicken broccoli and brown rice casserole (recipe here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10135380/chicken-brown-rice-and-broccoli-bake ), pork cutlets with pasta salad...
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Chili, beans and rice, seitan, lentil loaf, pasta and broccoli, black bean burgers. Those are our usuals.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    A wide and varied mixture of foods that fits in to my daily calorie and macronutrient goals.

Yesterday I had smoked cod, chilli butter sauce, salad and sweet potato (Yawn)

Today, with the wife and children otherwise engaged I shall be having a peanut butter, banana, honey and bacon pan fried sandwich, aka The Elvis.

On the whole, it's standard fare family mealtime staples.
  • tackemar
    tackemar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Usually, I tend to eat some type of lean meat with veggies. I did this for a very long time, eating grilled chicken, pork, sometimes fish. One of my mother's favorite thing to make when she is on a diet is stir-fry. Basically a lot of veggies and possibly some meat, sautéed with olive oil and with a little soy sauce and maybe some spices if you like spicy food. Very good and you can susually eat a lot of it since it's mainly veggies. I did learn from a dietitian that if you are going to eat a salad sometime during the day, the best time to eat it is for dinner. Not exactly sure why, but it was her advise to me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Home-cooked meals. We eat a great variety, but here are some recent dinners we've had.

Spaghetti (I use a lower calorie/high fiber pasta) with chicken, peppers, onion and tomato in a light yogurt/cheese sauce
    Grilled pork tenderloin with roasted brussel sprouts
    Baked salmon with spicy black beans and roasted broccoli
    Venison and bean chili
    Rotini tossed with a tomato and ground turkey sauce and green salad
    Chicken and veggie lasagna
    Grilled chicken breasts and spaghetti squash with mushroom gravy
    Shrimp and broccoli stir fry
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Common main dishes at our house
    Lemon pepper salmon
    Chicken, shrimp, or spicy orange pulled pork tacos
    Honey Srirancha pork with rice and veggies ( sorta stir fry like)
    Flat iron steak
    Portobello topped grilled chicken breast (big mushroom cap and a slice of swiss cheese on top of the grilled chicken)
    Homemade pizza made with store bought nann bread as a crust

Usual sides
    Steamed broccoli
    Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
    Baked potatoes (sweet or white)
    Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
    Oven Fries
    Asparagus
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pepper steak - top round london broil was on sale this week.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner we had swordfish with sauted kale & corn on the cob!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Last night, butter chicken (lightened up version, cooked from scratch in 30 minutes!), and roasted chard and onions with feta (sooooo good - the only way I can get greens other than spinach down). Plus rice for the rest of the family - I snacked too much to fit it in.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Last night I had baked salmon with chives, salt, pepper and ground ginger, a cup of quinoa cooked with chicken broth and herbs, and asparagus sautéed in butter.
    Tonight I'm having grilled chicken, corn on the cob and probably asparagus or salad.
    Saturday I had nachos with ground turkey! Mmm.
    Pretty much try to have a wide variety of meals.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Last night I had leftover homemade beef strognaff and tonight I am having chicken legs baked or grilled and corn on the cob.
  • Monikaj4
    Monikaj4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try all those suggestions!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what I used to eat for dinner but in better portions. Some recent and upcoming meals include:

Baked sesame chicken with rice and sweet carrots
    Steak fajita burritos
    Baked chicken legs, corn, and butter herb rice
    Baked chicken chimichangas
    Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans
    Roasted red pepper and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts with roasted asparagus
    Pizza
    Asian salmon with noddles
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner we had swordfish with sauted kale & corn on the cob!

Ohh I forgot corn on the cob. We eat that at least once a week when it's in season and on sale.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have a general rotation:

Baked honey mustard chicken
    Balsamic and Rosemary flank steak
    Steak sandwiches
    Chili
    Spaghetti
    Chicken tacos
    Beef tacos
    Homemade pizza
    Hamburger pasta
    Roasted Rosemary chicken and potatoes
    Steak stir fry
    Chicken stir fry
    Fried chicken
    Salisbury steak
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This week's meals are:
    1. Cod and rice
    2. Mushroom stroganoff
    3. Pot Roast
    4. Soba noodles with tofu
    5. veggie burgers
    6. spaghetti
  • munekaoo26
    munekaoo26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lime chicken cutlet (seasoned: garlic, pinch of salt, black pepper and fresh squeezed lime).
    Side: broccoli and carrots
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Last night was tikka masala. I used light coconut milk instead of heavy cream. Ate over steamed brown rice.

Tonight is boiled potato and spinach pirogi with sugar free applesauce and steamed Normandy blend veggies.

Tomorrow is salmon burgers and oven baked steak fries.

Friday is grilled pizza night. Will be making several mini pizzas because my daughter is having a friend for sleepover. I'll probably be making my husband and I a pizza Margherita and BBQ grilled chicken. Nom.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have whatever I want that fits in my calorie goals. I usually also try to hit my protein goals hard at dinner because it's easier and tastier to have a big cut of chicken, pork, or steak than it is to try and cram lots of protein in with deli meats, cottage cheese, and yogurt at breakfast or lunch... but that's just my personal preference.

Some heavy-rotation dinners at my house: big vegetable stir-fry with lots of chicken or pork, beef or pork roast in the slow-cooker with potatoes/carrots/onions (in winter), turkey cheeseburgers with a side of steamed or raw vegetables, sauteed chicken sausages with steamed or raw vegetables, thick steak with tomatoes and olives, braised chicken thighs and onions over spinach and shaved squash, kielbasa & cabbage with a side of carrots, pasta or spaghetti squash with red sauce. I may pair most of these with a side of quinoa or rice, depending on how many calories I have left for the day and how close I am to my carb goal.