• peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I chose it based upon body fat %.
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I picked mine (69 kg) since it'd put me at a normal BMI (23.3) and because it seems achievable (it's ~9 kg less than I weigh right now). ... and because it'd put me in the sixties weight-wise for the first time since my early teens. :expressionless:

Edit: I'll confess I sometimes feel like my weight goal is really high when I see people who are the same height shooting for 135 lbs/61 kg... To be honest, though, I think I'd probably be perfectly happy at my goal weight since I'm pretty broad in the shoulders and hips. (Yes, in the actual bones.)

(152 lb GW; ~20 lb WL for folks on imperial. ;) )
  • 3JinItaly
    3JinItaly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is my drivers license weight, from when I was 16. I'm only about 9 lbs. away now!
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and looking to get down to 160. That was the lowest I've ever been, so I'd like to get down around there and work on recomp. Maybe 155 to give myself a little room...I got a bit of a large frame, I can't imagine going any lower than that and not looking horrible.

But hey...you never know.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's a weight that I was comfortable at about 10 years ago. It's the best I've ever felt, so I'm shooting for that again. I would like to get in the healthy BMI range though, and that'd be an extra 10 lbs or so, so I may add on another goal when I'm done.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There's no good reason for the number I picked. It's close to what's on my driver's license - which was an awful guess in the first place.
  • kcrkcs
    kcrkcs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'5" female- I originally chose 130-135 as this had been a good weight for me in my early and mid twenties when I carried lots of muscle. Based on BF% goal I have increased that range to 125-135. Just have to see how things are looking and feeling when I get down there.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had no goal as I didn't think I'd get very far. Now my current goal is 145lbs - 100lbs less than I used to weigh. If and when I hit that, I'll just keep dropping until I can't lose any more. At the moment, I'm more interested in recomp, because I've not got much more scope to lose weight, but I still have horrendous amounts of fat. So hopefully I can lose a good few percent of that.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    MFP forced me to pick a number...

I panicked...

It was too much pressure.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140 just because it seemed like a good number to start with. I haven't ever felt comfortable at any particular weight. I remember being around 130 in high school and feeling bigger than everyone else. But that was probably my own insecurities. I would love to get down to a size 6. Once I get there, I'll evaluate how I feel and go lower if I need to
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed several times. I wanted to get to my previous "lowest adult weight" of 227. After that I wanted to hit 199 "onederland". Then I went for 180 which was my weight at age 15. Now I'm in the 160s my weight at age 12-13 and happy with that. I am 5'8" and when I look at photos of myself during middle school I think I looked like a strong healthy young girl and I am happy with being that size even though of course now in my late 30's the weight's distributed a bit differently and all. Works for me.
  • futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    154 is when I will be "normal" weight and not "overweight" or "obese"
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to fluctuate between 100&115. I'm more comfortable with choosing a range than a set number. I chose it so I could be in the middle of the healthy BMI range. There is a good chance I'll change my numbers once I get close based on body fat % and how I feel I look.
  • kskinnyperfect
    kskinnyperfect Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 121 because at 5'5 I felt my greatest at this weight. I can remember being 115 and just felt a little to small but when I reached 120 I felt amazing.
  • TiffanyRobertson988
    Options
    My BMI says I should be between 105-145lbs. So that means I should lose about 100 pounds. Just started this journey because a good friend of mine is getting married in Mexico and I want to be beach ready! 10 months to go! Let's see what I can accomplish!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have my ultimate goal weight of 100 lbs, which is like a dream weight to me. Right now, I'm 122.6 lbs. I was at 115 lbs a few months ago and felt like that was a good weight. My clothes felt comfortable, but I still had fat. Maybe at 110 lbs I will feel good and not need to go any lower. So, right now my goal is 115 lbs, then 110, then 105, then if I still need to lose I'll try to 100 but not below because I fear that would put me in the danger zone. If my perfect weight is 105 for my height of 5'3", then dropping to 100 lbs would be good because it would give me a buffer.

100 pounds is not healthy for someone 5'3. 105 pounds is the absolute lowest end of the healthy BMI range.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is to be 120 pounds. It's pretty much right in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height. I'm currently 128. At my highest I weighed 263 and I made 5 to 10 pound mini-goals along the way.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've logged it as 140 because that's the middle of my healthy weight range, but I don't really have a GW. I have a 'how I feel and look goal' instead, so the 140 is a random estimate for roughly where I want to be.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    First it was less than 190, because I'd never been below 200. Then I got there and didn't like the way I looked, so I kept losing to get below 180 and the same thing happened :p

Currently my goal is 158, or just below 160 on a fat day. I'm hoping if I get down there slowly I'll also finally lose my gut, that's been my main motivator for losing this weight. My other big reason is my current weight of around 175 has a BMI of around 24, which is right at the top of the normal weight range for my height. If I get down to 160, I'll be closer to a BMI of 22, which is better for my health. I know BMI isn't the only indicator of being healthy, but it's the easiest standardization I can come up with.
  • MRivera422
    MRivera422 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    190 was my weight when I came back from deployment in 2011. I was in the best shape of my life! I have gained 80lbs since but lost 38 in the last three months. At that good ol half way mark.