Seems like I've hit a wall.

Options
2»

Replies

• phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    jstrick114 wrote: »
    As long as your body fat % is dropping you're on the right path. How long have you been doing the workouts and eating right?

I've been working out regularly and eating healthy since early February
  • phillipdean299
    Options
    STRESS! I cant talk about it enough.

In all likelyhood you have had a few things happen.

Not measuring food, not tracking properly, hit a plateau, or a VERY COMMON issue for men.... STRESS.

Stress releases cortizol which inhibits weight loss. if you are in a high stress job, lifestyle, etc you need to reduce or minimize the stress to have better results.

You bring up good points. I just returned to work after a seven month leave of absence while recovering from a massive hemorrhagic stroke. I am a project cordinator for a high-tech company and the position does carry a lot of stress. If I mess up it can easily cause my company not to hit revenue targets.

I am measuring everything I eat and logging it.
  • phillipdean299
    Options
    Check your profile that you entered when first joining MFP does this match exactly how you are living your life? If you have entered that you are exercising your daily calorie allowance will be based on that. Don't go along and then enter it again when you exercise. I agree weigh your food don't guess. If you are in the USA don't use the "cup" measure use grams or ounces whatever suits you.
    Last of all stick with it don't give up. Good luck.

My background is in metrology so I do have a firm understanding on how to properly measure stuff. I'm currently using a calibrated digital scale with resolution to the 10th of a gram.

All of my exercise is measured Buy my Garmin chest strap heart rate monitor. I don't enter any exercises manually.
  • jazzsax69
    jazzsax69 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    my gut tells me its stress. I've had this happen to me numerous times. especially if you are tracking (and not cheating) thats the likely culprit.