Five foods to NEVER eat....True or False?

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I eat wheat bread like 1 time a day, at least.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't drink juice unless I want to take a nap. That stuff knocks me out.

It's not the juice, it's the extra liquid you add to it.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Faaaaaalse! Not givin' up my boca burgers, nope..
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ah, yes, those are from that dreaded 25min web infomercial

one more false vote for me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    false
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beets are not "nasty", beets are "awesome"!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them. they're not on my list.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    false, eat whatever you want just do it in moderation, it's true some of those might have chemicals in them and be worse than some other similar products, but there's no rule of what to avoid.
  • Diggedydog
    Diggedydog Posts: 32
    Options
    I actually was bored enough one day to watch the dreaded infomercial and his arguments against soy and corn are the high degree of gmo s that make up the bulk of the crops and the high degree of processing in those foods, wheat bread has too many chemicals in it unless homemade and the wheat used in commercial bakeries is highly refined, margarines problem is the oils used and the chemicals and refinements that goes into it. Fruit juices have a lot of the nutrition taken out of them in the concentrating and the reconstituting processes. The take home message, besides buy my product, is to avoid highly processed foods. My rule of thumb is if I cant pronounce two or more ingredients, I pass.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think things that say Always or Never are usually false.
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    True, however, I think you meant corn additive, not corn on the cob.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    stay in your calories and macros and eat what you want!

(though personally, i do avoid juice- id rather eat the fruit).
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Industrialized "new wheat" is not healthy. It is stripped of all the fiber and the hull and is totally differnet than wheat 80 yrs ago. Some people thnk 100 percent whole wheat means healthy not so.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Anytime there's a list like that, it's most likely false (unless it has arsenic and lead on it).
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I eat that shuff
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    True, margarine is full of trans fats, soy gives you cancer, and corn is horrible.

These are things I would never knowingly eat.

Margarine is basically plastic - you save nothing by using it instead of butter.

Soy is high in estrogen and meant to be ingested in small quantities not like we do in North America. I can cause issues for men getting moobs and having issues with their testosterone for women - cancer. It can have some benefit for menopausal women because of the estrogen qualitites though.

Corn is frankenfood. Anything that is genetically modified with chemicals infused in it's DNA which cause insects stomachs to rupture doesn't really belong in my body.

Organic products made from organic corn is ok to me, but regular corn related products _NO THANK YOU_
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Julienetan
    Julienetan Posts: 44
    Options
    Drinking ginger tea at night will snap your energy and kill you eventually
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    True, margarine is full of trans fats, soy gives you cancer, and corn is horrible.

These are things I would never knowingly eat.

Margarine is basically plastic - you save nothing by using it instead of butter.

Soy is high in estrogen and meant to be ingested in small quantities not like we do in North America. I can cause issues for men getting moobs and having issues with their testosterone for women - cancer. It can have some benefit for menopausal women because of the estrogen qualitites though.

Corn is frankenfood. Anything that is genetically modified with chemicals infused in it's DNA which cause insects stomachs to rupture doesn't really belong in my body.

Organic products made from organic corn is ok to me, but regular corn related products _NO THANK YOU_

Must be nice on your pedestal. Trying to advocate organic as if us peons don't get it because we just don't care about our health. I'm pretty sure it's because it costs 2-3x as much.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed at the arguments on here against food avoidance...like drug addicts trying to justify how good marijuana is for pain relief...whatever. I will stick with modern science.

Eat what you want in moderation, but don't be surprised when you have health issues in the future because the OJ spikes your blood sugar or the soy suppresses your thyroid function...or the trans-fats in the margarine causes colon cancer. These things are not food, but processed crap that society has become addicted to just like drugs and research is showing it is causing all kinds of health issues. Use it at your own peril and don't say you were not warned. Everyone is going to die, but I don't want to die before my time or from any of the above aliments because it is a miserable way to go.

The jury is still out on corn, but I eat it, I love tortilla chips, but they are pretty addicting.

Beets are not nasty...they are amazing. Margarine is nasty. Use organic butter.