Five foods to NEVER eat....True or False?

Options

Replies

• grnwoodtree
    grnwoodtree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show how UNAWARE people are about genetically modified foods and how they are PROVEN to cause tumors, burst red blood cells, and cause cancer. But hey, who am I to try and dilute the gene pool by rescuing such people?

TRUE, by the way. Especially corn, soy, and margarine, which is usually these days made with canola, another GMO. The only way you can avoid GMO's is by buying certified organic.

I also am gluten sensitive and eat corn. But no GMO's.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    True, margarine is full of trans fats, soy gives you cancer, and corn is horrible.

These are things I would never knowingly eat.

Margarine is basically plastic - you save nothing by using it instead of butter.

Soy is high in estrogen and meant to be ingested in small quantities not like we do in North America. I can cause issues for men getting moobs and having issues with their testosterone for women - cancer. It can have some benefit for menopausal women because of the estrogen qualitites though.

Corn is frankenfood. Anything that is genetically modified with chemicals infused in it's DNA which cause insects stomachs to rupture doesn't really belong in my body.

Organic products made from organic corn is ok to me, but regular corn related products _NO THANK YOU_

Must be nice on your pedestal. Trying to advocate organic as if us peons don't get it because we just don't care about our health. I'm pretty sure it's because it costs 2-3x as much.

No pedestal. Just facts. Soy is ok in small doses and for menopausal women.

For corn, I only eat organic because the non-organic is lethal and I won't pay a company to poison me. And since organic costs are coming down, I can now still enjoy corn products without having to choose.

I don't eat organic everything, never said I did. Not sure why you were offended, but sorry. *shrug*

Certain foods have been destroyed by big companies and are no longer healthy which is a shame because people shouldn't have to choose between healthy or affordable

And margarine isn't natural at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    IMO, just the margarine (trans fat). The others are fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If eating corn is wrong, especially on the cob, then I don't want be right.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    everything on that list is okay in moderation except margarine. Natures garbage eater (Bears) won't even eat that crap!
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    True, margarine is full of trans fats, soy gives you cancer, and corn is horrible.

These are things I would never knowingly eat.

Soy gives you cancer??? You gotta be kidding me.

For people like me who are allergic to dairy, soy milk is a great substitute and a good source of protein. Been drinking it for 30 years and not got cancer yet.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't consume concentrated juice because I don't like added sugars and I don't like to drink my calories - it's a waste to me. I'll eat the fruit instead.

I don't eat whole wheat bread because I am gluten sensitive and I don't like being sick after I eat it.

I DO eat a lot of corn tortillas because they substitute for wheat bread when I make a sandwich.

The other two can come or go as they please - they don't bother me.

I can't see how any one of these foods (except maybe the juice) is a bad thing unless you have medical issues or you're overeating them.

this is me, In a nut shell
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Concentrated Fruit Juices (Orange Juice, etc.)
    Margarine
    Whole Wheat Bread
    Corn
    Soy

Margarine is just plain bad and tastes like crap. Butter is better! I'd rather eat fruit than drink a juice unless it's fruit sweetening a green juice. Organic corn is amazing, you can't beat the taste. Tempeh is a great way to eat soy as it's fermented and not highly processed. Whole wheat bread, again, is much better if it's organic.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    False just false. Especially about the soy.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    all but corn maybe,,,
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    uuuuuuurgh.

Please tell me what horrors would rain down on me if I had a glass of concentrated juice a few times a month?
    non-organic is lethal

this is why people don't take you seriously.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show how UNAWARE people are about genetically modified foods and how they are PROVEN to cause tumors, burst red blood cells, and cause cancer. But hey, who am I to try and dilute the gene pool by rescuing such people?

TRUE, by the way. Especially corn, soy, and margarine, which is usually these days made with canola, another GMO. The only way you can avoid GMO's is by buying certified organic.

I also am gluten sensitive and eat corn. But no GMO's.

Care to cite some studies showing this?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    We should only eat foods that have been untouched by the hands of modern society! kaos-pinkusagi47.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go eat some cicadas.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Margarine
    Whole Wheat Bread
    Corn
    Soy

I don't eat any of it, but none of them would stall weight loss as long as you stayed in your calorie allotments.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Most all foods we eat are genetically modified in some way, shape, or form (technically they have been indirectly modified). Bananas don't look like we think they do in the wild. We bread them to look like that. It's what we do, we breed for what we want in a plant. It's part of the reason we became the dominant species on this planet.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sacrilege.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    100% of people that eat organic broccoli die, just a fact.
    what_zpsd6e12442.gif
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Really disagree about never eating whole wheat bread. Probably not good to eat half a loaf a day, but a daily sandwich made with it is OK. One thing the video in question talked about is that many 'whole wheat' breads aren't made with the whole grain, but as long as you make sure to buy bread made with the whole grain, it can be a beneficial part of a healthy diet. (Certainly better than that junk made out of white flour.)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Margarine
    Whole Wheat Bread
    Corn
    Soy

What do you mean "true or false"? Obviously millions of people eat these things everyday, so they are edible. Whether you want to eat them is a personal thing. I've eaten all those things in my life (a lot!) and I'm healthy.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My 5 foods not to eat are:

Breads
    Pastas
    Potatoes
    Corn
    Rice

:)