• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    nothin to add.. 'cept this
    sizzling-bacon-cinemagraph.gif
  • conniejeanklein
    conniejeanklein Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i wanted to buy some bacon or even turkey bacon and i saw the calories were so high. i am surprised. can anyone tell me a brand that is very low? also i remember having Beef bacon as a kid. i don't even see that in grocery stores any more :neutral:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have switched to Canadian bacon as straight eating bacon, but I use pre-cooked bacon slices for flavoring and in my lunch wraps. 3 slices has 80 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i wanted to buy some bacon or even turkey bacon and i saw the calories were so high. i am surprised. can anyone tell me a brand that is very low? also i remember having Beef bacon as a kid. i don't even see that in grocery stores any more :neutral:

Look for center cut bacon. It's 70-80 calories per 2-3 slice serving. Hormel, Oscar Meyer, Jimmy Dean, Target brand, and even Aldi sell it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    I read that it's better to log meat raw. My bacon package says that it's 230 cals for 54g (2 slices).

This is for raw. I use the raw entry if the whole bacon slice, including the fat, is going into my dish (for instance, sometimes I make things (very good things) that involve rendering the fat from bacon, cooking onion in it, then adding the cooked crumbled bacon back in later). Otherwise, just use the database for a comparable cooked option - thick versus thin cut will be the biggest variance, I think.

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    bulk_n_cut wrote: »
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Bacon is glorious and calorie free...

Sweeeet ! :)

I'm in Canada also! Must be it !

Here's a picture:

7kc0elznlhv7.jpg

ew someone came on that package

That was the bacon. That part is also delicious.
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Bacon is glorious and calorie free...

word