Options
2»

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    GingerSka wrote: »
    I keep a 100 ML bottle on my desk or carry it with me. I aim to fill & drink it three times. Most of the time I only manage two bottles and that's fine too. Whatever works for you! :)

I assume you mean 1000 mL? Otherwise, that sounds like an adorable tiny little bottle :wink:

I'm an idiot. I assumed ML and mls are the same. Derp. Yay America! :#

Out of curiosity... What in the world are ML and ml and what is the supposed difference between them? In the metric system, mL = milliliter = 1000th of a liter.

Not being rude, I'm actually curious--Is this something I've never heard of? O.o
  • ChrisManch
    ChrisManch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What Asaskiski said.

They guy who said "you need to drink 8 glasses of water a day" didn't say that, he said "you need to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but you get most of that from your food."

Bottled water companies report the first part, and not the rest of it.

Excess water is excreted, too much can actually kill you.

In 2007 a 28-year-old California woman died after competing in a radio station's on-air water-drinking contest. After downing some six liters of water in three hours.

In 2005 a fraternity hazing at California State University, Chico, left a 21-year-old man dead after he was forced to drink excessive amounts of water between rounds of push-ups in a cold basement.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/
  • TheSingingMom
    TheSingingMom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Folks-the post said 100 instead of 1000. 100 mL is about 3 oz.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I am required to drink a certain amount each day. I get bored of plain water so I start with a flavoured tea in the morning, and I have a 1L bottle that I work on for the rest of the day......

I also have a certain amount my nephrologist strongly suggested I drink daily. I have a 20oz water bottle at work and I drink 3 of those during the day. Then I have another 32 ounces after I get home.

I used to hate plain water. I would add fresh fruit to the bottom of the water bottle. Big pineapple chunks were the best!! I still do that on occasion, but now I quite enjoy plain fresh water all by itself!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Urine_Chart.jpg

i was about to ask where the chart was LOL
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Folks-the post said 100 instead of 1000. 100 mL is about 3 oz.

Ah. Yes, it's a 1,000 ml bottle.

I'll just see myself out. ;)

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    joejccva71 wrote: »
    Urine_Chart.jpg

LOL if pee is coming out that dark color, it aint pee and you have some issues.

I have had a few days after long nights of serious binge drinking where I've landed between the 2nd, and 3rd colors up.
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Jackie9950 wrote: »
    If you look back into your diary entries, how are your sodium levels? Sodium will cause you to retain water which could explain not losing the weight. Also, make sure you are accurately logging. I noticed when I first started I would guesstimate how much things weighed, and I found that I was underestimating by a lot. My kitchen scale is my best friend!

Also, I hated having to time out my water intakes so I would make sure I drank enough. I use crystal light a lot during the day. I am not a water drinker, but without thinking I can get through 12-14 cups a day without even trying. Hope this helps! :)

Yeah, My sodium levels are rather high, its one of the hardest things oddly enough, not sugars or anything like that, its sodium. I have been getting a little better