Beans...who eats them?

Options

Replies

• hmck123
    hmck123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love beans and pulses! Use them as a nutritionally dense + high protein substitute for pasta, rice etc. If it wasn't for lentils I don't think I could cope with life!
  • daizyk70
    daizyk70 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I always feel so nourished when I eat beans and rice. If anyone has a good way they season their black beans, I'd love to hear it. I love Chili's black beans and I have been trying to copy the recipe at home with bland luck.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Had some for dinner and there will be some for breakfast tomorrow
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a tacco salad with some bean salsa (chickpeas, black beans, fresh tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lime juice) for lunch in a bit.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I do eat beans, mostly bean soup. I'm not real crazy about pinto beans but I do like navy beans, black beans, even lima beans. Like potatoes, rice, and other grains they are on the high side as far as calories go but they have a lot of nutrients which makes them worthwhile to include in my diet.
  • airforcebrat1988
    airforcebrat1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually cook mine from scratch, I'm having for dinner this week, figured I needed to change it up from the fish I was having for dinner every evening. I like pinto beans but I can change it up and do kidney or black beans. I usually shoot for 150-175 grams and I get the ones with high fiber (typically helps me out the next morning!). I'll soak them over night, rinse them in the morning and then toss them in the slowcooker in the morning. They're done by dinner and I eat them with a little black pepper.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes, I love black beans (but I buy the no salt added and rinse them before eating) I like them in turkey/avocado wraps, salads, with rice, etc.

Love black beans, green beans, lima beans, I don't mind chili beans or kidney beans (rinsed) plain, and I also use them in my chili too (unrinsed).

I do not like baked beans (ew!)
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I eat tinned beans in tomato sauce all the time, nothing better to go with a baked potato. Lots of iron, protein and fiber.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    daizyk70 wrote: »
    I always feel so nourished when I eat beans and rice. If anyone has a good way they season their black beans, I'd love to hear it. I love Chili's black beans and I have been trying to copy the recipe at home with bland luck.

I use this recipe from budget bytes for black beans. I haven't had Chili's in years so I don't know if these are similar, but I like them.

I've also used poblano pepper and taco seasoning in place of the cumin, salt and jalapeño for a milder version.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i love all beans!
  • micheledemetroff
    micheledemetroff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Helitorian wrote: »
    I've eaten them twice today and am currently gassing my best friend with bean/protein farts :p

^This. Made me LOL at work. Sounds like my husband last night!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly black and red beans in chili, generally 2-3 times a month.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Mexicans???
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love black beans cooked with a little bit of corn for texture, onion, garlic, S&P and cumin. I eat them alone or over my salad.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    So...the consensus seems to be that a great deal of you like beans and use them as a fiber and protein source.
    Cool beans, lol.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love beans, especially chickpeas. In fact right now I'm eating a no bake bar I made that consists of chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and dark chocolate chips. :)
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i love beans! They have such good protein, low calorie and versatile enough to use different flavors - cajun, mexican, southern (I'm from Texas) or italian styles of cooking. I prefer homemade beans but I'm trying to figure out how to log serving sizes on my daily diary. The downside is that I also love cornbread and haven't been having it with my beans lately, which is sooo good. I plan on making some soon as a special treat for one meal. We have 5 kids so cornbread goes fast around here, and I don't have to worry about leftover temptation. :)
  • LadyFencer
    LadyFencer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat them daily. Getting an electric pressure cooker changed my life. Lately I've been experimenting with African spices from the Teeny Tiny Spice Company. Throw those in the pressure cooker with beans and vegetables and serve over rice. Fantastic.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Are we including green beans? I hope so because I eat those daily.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I love beans, I had black beans tonight for dinner......in my spaghetti. Don't judge