Walk/Run to Rivendell: 397 miles starting May 1

Options
While I've been hanging in pretty well with my running (despite the plague that struck me) I've started to feel a little bored. So I'm going to restart my mileage challenge- Bag End to Rivendell, which is roughly 397 miles.

Tracker is here if you want to play: http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Hobbit_BE_to_Rivendell/hobbit_be_to_rivendell.html

And yes, there are probably other groups doing this that I could join, but then I couldn't do my massive declaration of intent!

Join in! It'll be fun, and feel free to add me if you'd like more one on one motivation. No deadline, let's just see how long it takes. :)

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I haven't been running in months, but THIS! This sounds like motivation!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I haven't been running in months, but THIS! This sounds like motivation!

Excellent! Let's do it!!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Anyone else game?
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I'm not going to Mount Doom. I'm headed to the Lonely Mountain with Bilbo, but thanks!
  • crucibleofwill
    crucibleofwill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So want to do this! Two questions: Can I join and what are the macros for elvish waybread?
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    So want to do this! Two questions: Can I join and what are the macros for elvish waybread?

1. Of course!
    2. Lembas is pretty carb heavy. My recipe calls for brown sugar, butter, and flour...
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Also, I'm 6 miles out from Frogmorton. Slow traveling.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun! I am getting back to regular running and this is a great motivator for me. I'll try to catch up with you - maybe not in Frogmorton, but hopefully by the Brandywine Bridge. Just rewatched LOTR and Hobbit with my daughter, so visuals are firmly in place. Thanks for posting it!
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So far I've gone 16.5miles. I'm headed to Frogmorton.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun! I want to try this. This is perfect for my nerdy self.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,333 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!

Chris
  • goldlipgloss
    goldlipgloss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds so cool!! I've been running and swimming recently so this would be a great motivation tool. Thanks for sharing!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    5/13 - 8.62 miles Total miles - 8.62

We left Bag End and went south down the lane toward Hobbiton. We crossed the bridge over Water then turned east on the road to Bywater. When we reached The Green Dragon in Bywater the dwarves had a pony ready so we left almost immediately. Gandolf joined us just before we turned southeast on Bywater Road. It was amazing to see the high banks with hedges rising on each side. When we reached the Great East Road we turned east. And now we can see the Three-Fathing Stone just ahead.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    5/14 - 7.05 miles Total miles 15.67

We passed Three-Farthing Stone and walked another two miles before we set up camp. In the morning we continued east on the Road at a leisurely pace.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    23 miles in!

At Frogmorton. Staying the night at the Floating Log and heading east in the morning. Zzzzzzz
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    2.56 miles today. 19.06 miles. Still on my way to frogmorton.
  • JuliaC76
    JuliaC76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is It too late for me to join? I realize this hobbit will have to double time to catch up.. But those black riders are rather nasty!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Never too late! Join us!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    7.0 miles today - 22.67 total miles

We continued east on the Road at a leisurely pace. Frogmorton is just up ahead. We'll be staying at The Floating Log.