Why does alcohol HAVE to be involved in so many adult social situations/activities?

Options
2»

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    I've never really understood.

I like to fish, I like to golf, I enjoy sporting events, I like to shoot the breeze with friends and relatives; I don't see why I have to alter my mental facilities to enhance the experience of any of these.

You don't have to. I drink so I can tolerate people better.
    velocityc6 wrote: »
    ^^^^ What she said

Maybe people can tolerate you better after you've started drinking too?
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to drink I prefer to do it at home, and I never have friends over so other people's preferences are not an issue.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    because everyone is that boring and also because drugs make life more tolerable

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    How do you think most of us were conceived? Alcohol, my friend. Without alcohol, there would be no people. Scientific fact. Plus, it's kind of fun.

^^^Nope!

Maybe it's not the reason for people, but it might just be the reason for civilization!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I think Bare Naked Ladies band said it best: "I love you more than I did the week before, I discovered alcohol."
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So people like to have a good time and kick back with a few drinks, no one is telling you to join them.

(I'm actully tee total so I get what your saying but alcohol is everywhere, people enjoy it so let em be and use those calories your saving for something yummy and bask in the know lage your gonna feel better in the morning than them, tipsy people are fun to mess with too when your sober.....)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Not a big drinker, but when I have to go to work functions, it always helps to have a little. I have to deal with co-workers on a daily basis, why oh why would I want to go hang out with them? My social life and work life are separate for a reason. If I don't drink, they better be!
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Do people try to get you to drink often?

I personally love to drink and wish I could get away with doing it more but alas I can't afford it calorie wise or wallet wise. I'm always in a better mood with a vodka soda in my hand(s)

^^This....
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    I've never really understood.

I like to fish, I like to golf, I enjoy sporting events, I like to shoot the breeze with friends and relatives; I don't see why I have to alter my mental facilities to enhance the experience of any of these.

You don't have to. I drink so I can tolerate people better.

...and this^^^

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People need an excuse to justify their twerking, brutally honest and 'offensive' tweets, and Farmville requests duh.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    alcohol just makes everything more fun...plus craft beer and good wine are awesome...

I went "dry" camping once...boring. I went "dry" fishing once...boring. The UNM football facility doesn't allow alcohol...that team is un-watchable completely blitzed...couldn't imagine being sober....boring...and just painful to watch. Etc, etc, etc...it just makes life more fun.