Do you prefer 3 larger meals or snacking all day -what helps you?!

Options
I've been snacking all day but would like to try just having 3 larger meals (that fit my calorie limit of course). I know lots of protein is important in keeping you satiated but I'm afraid I will get too hungry in between meals anyway...

Replies

• sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I snack all day, small meals, then the evening meal is larger.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I snack in the morning but I have to have a big late lunch and a big dinner. If I don't, I have found myself easily going into a binge.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    I snack all day, small meals, then the evening meal is larger.

Thanks- I like this idea.. a little of both worlds!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day... sometimes I just do 2 meals, other times I do 3, and other times I do 2-3 and a snack. But I always just make my meals fit into my daily calories. :drinker:
  • kisses71213
    Options
    I snack in the morning but I have to have a big late lunch and a big dinner. If I don't, I have found myself easily going into a binge.

I will try this approach, thanks so much!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have two large meals (lunch and dinner) and a few snacks, usually at night (I’m SO hungry at night). It works for me. At the end of the day, it’s all about what suits each person. It’s worth trying a few different eating patterns to see what works best for you.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat a large lunch and graze when I am hungry on smaller things to keep me going.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have a light breakfast, a largish lunch, afternoon snack, largish dinner, and bedtime snack.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I prefer 3 larger meals AND snacks...I just plan them into my day.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I take about 45-90 minutes to eat breakfast and lunch at work. I'm the queen of stretching it out, plus I get distracted by actual work. In the afternoon, after rowing, I have a large protein shake. It normally takes me the rest of the shift to finish it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Most days three meals and two snacks are about right. I choose the snacks based on how much I ate in the regular meals and how hungry I am feeling. Usually a light snack after work, before dinner and a slightly larger one after aikido/before bed.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    600 cals for breakfast
    250 for AM Snack
    1000 for lunch
    250 for PM Snack
    1000 for dinner
    250 for late PM snack

Give or take...
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i prefer all of the above but I guess i have to control myself. >:)
  • kisses71213
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    600 cals for breakfast
    250 for AM Snack
    1000 for lunch
    250 for PM Snack
    1000 for dinner
    250 for late PM snack

Give or take...

I only wish I could have the cal intake you have!! ;)
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Skimp calories during the day so I can eat a big dinner and dessert. :smiley:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    600 cals for breakfast
    250 for AM Snack
    1000 for lunch
    250 for PM Snack
    1000 for dinner
    250 for late PM snack

Give or take...

I only wish I could have the cal intake you have!! ;)

Get a bicycle and ride it a lot :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I intermittent fast and eat 4 small meals every 2 hours in a 6 hour window: noon, 2pm, 4pm and right before 6pm. The first meal at noon is usually smallish, as is the 6pm meal.
  • kisses71213
    Options
    I intermittent fast and eat 4 small meals every 2 hours in a 6 hour window: noon, 2pm, 4pm and right before 6pm. The first meal at noon is usually smallish, as is the 6pm meal.

Ah ok, nice approach!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    During the workweek, I find I do best during the day if a have a larger breakfast with lots of protein and good fats (500-600 cals)...typically keeps me full till lunchtime, a smallish lunch (300-400 cals), and an afternoon snack (100-200 cals). Dinner tends to make up for what, if anything I lacked in the day. Sometimes its small, sometimes large, sometimes lots of veggies, protein, dairy, etc. (around 400-500 cals). Maybe an evening snack if I want (100-200 cals).

On the weekend, I have a tendency to sleep right through breakfast, so my first meal of the day is usually "brunch"!
  • PostExamsHealthBinge
    PostExamsHealthBinge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner (sometimes desert), snack and it perfectly fits into my low cal diet :)