Cheese

Options
I never eat processed cheeses, but love fancy and aged cheeses (Whole Foods cheese counter is my weakness). I also love cottage, ricotta and fresh mozzarella.

I eat cheese in very modest amounts because of the mixed reviews I've heard on cheese consumption.

What are YOUR thoughts on cheese in the diet?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If cheese in a diet is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? Cheese is delurrrrcious and I don't eat enough.

Just curious, what are the reasons you heard for not eating it?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Amen! o:)

• cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. It just needs to be worked into my calorie goals. And if I'm going to eat it conservatively, I prefer to have just cheese (or maybe with a piece of fruit) for a snack, so I can savor and enjoy.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time - cheddar, jack, mozzarella, feta, bleu, Parmesan, goat, cream, etc etc. I just log it, it fits into my goals, and I've reached goal weight eating cheese all the way through. :smile:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Cheese is delicious and a necessity of life. If you like cheese, eat it.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options

Yes, yes indeed.

If you can keep it within calorie and fat goals, why not?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what the hell would be wrong with cheese?

and what is "processed cheese"? Isn't all cheese processed????
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what the hell would be wrong with cheese?

and what is "processed cheese"? Isn't all cheese processed????

Yep. There is no cheese without humans.

Mmmmm....processing.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    eat an ounce or two a day. Mostly when ppl say processed, they mean gluey low quality "pasteurized processed cheese food product" rather than good quality cheddar, gouda, edam, etc.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I eat as much as I can and still stay within my calorie goals. CICO.

Edit because that's not precisely true. Sometimes I go over my calorie goals. Because cheese.
  • ndj1979
    edited May 2015
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    eat an ounce or two a day. Mostly when ppl say processed, they mean gluey low quality "pasteurized processed cheese food product" rather than good quality cheddar, gouda, edam, etc.

yea, but the "good quality" stuff is still processed…so OP is eating processed cheese. Or, am I missing something…?

why only an ounce or two?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In Canada (or at least where I live), "processed cheese" refers to (mostly) Kraft singles... blegh.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    In Canada (or at least where I live), "processed cheese" refers to (mostly) Kraft singles... blegh.

whats wrong with kraft singles? I take one of those and melt it on a bagel, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich; or a cheeseburger...
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    barneygood wrote: »

whats wrong with kraft singles? I take one of those and melt it on a bagel, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich; or a cheeseburger...

I just find it tastes awful. If you like it, go for it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    The questions about pasteurized processed cheese food product have been answered. If the answers are ignored, that is not the problem of those who provided them. Some of us do not LIKE that stuff. Therefore we are not going to eat it.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Love the cheese. I only eat it in "modest" amounts to stay within my calorie "budget". Its a great part of the whole balanced diet thing, and also:
    eo6as8szbbnc.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    The questions about pasteurized processed cheese food product have been answered. If the answers are ignored, that is not the problem of those who provided them. Some of us do not LIKE that stuff. Therefore we are not going to eat it.

all cheese is processed so you are eating processed cheese. To say anything else is just a ridiculous statement…

so you don't like processed cheese, but you eat processed cheese…?? OK ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Love the cheese. I only eat it in "modest" amounts to stay within my calorie "budget". Its a great part of the whole balanced diet thing, and also:
    eo6as8szbbnc.jpg

unless you are processed….
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I second this. I love cheese, any kind, any time of day.