Mother of the Bride

Options
13»

Replies

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    tlr526 wrote: »
    I've been dealing with some medical issues (still in investigating stage), but today we (MOB and I) worked on the potted flowers for the outdoor wedding. We are taking care of our children's wedding as a team. ..MOB/MOG and we are having a blast. I admit it helps that we think alike. We haven't followed any of the traditional rules of planning the wedding. Lol at least for us moms. .. so far things are going well. The couple's shower is in a few weeks - family style shower. The wedding is end of July.

That sounds wonderful! :)

I hope your medical issues are minor and quickly resolved!
  • Julieanna269
    Julieanna269 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hope your health improves soon. Sounds like you are having great fun. I can't say I have the same friendship with my MOG, she appears to be very uninterested in the wedding even though we have tried to involve her. Her loss.

Ladies I need a big kick up the backside. Really lost the plot this weekend, had friends to stay and ate loads of junk and feel rather poorly as a result. I only have myself to blame. So this week I am going to be focused and do loads more exercise. I have no excuse as I am on a weeks leave from work so I just need to get to it. Wish me luck.
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    I hope your health improves soon. Sounds like you are having great fun. I can't say I have the same friendship with my MOG, she appears to be very uninterested in the wedding even though we have tried to involve her. Her loss.

Ladies I need a big kick up the backside. Really lost the plot this weekend, had friends to stay and ate loads of junk and feel rather poorly as a result. I only have myself to blame. So this week I am going to be focused and do loads more exercise. I have no excuse as I am on a weeks leave from work so I just need to get to it. Wish me luck.

Julie, just saw your post. How's your week shaping up? Are you getting in that exercise and watching what you're eating? Think of yourself in that MOB dress, walking down the aisle to your seat. You want to look fantastic, right? You can do this!!
  • tlr526
    tlr526 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How is everyone? Are we ready for another week? We can do this!

As for my health issues. ..drs are trying to rule out lupus, MS, fibromyalgia... so it's been a lot of appointments and dealing with the symptoms.

This weekend I was able to get the list of items that need to be taken care of for the wedding. The table decor is almost all set/done. I'm waiting on the materials to arrive so I can make the card box.

I have final approval on the backdrop behind the sweetheart table and a couple of other areas to cover up something we don't want to see at the reception.

In addition to wedding stuff, my focus has been drinking more water. I have been told that with the issues my kidneys have, I need to be good about drinking my water.

My goal this week. ... water intake
  • Julieanna269
    Options
    Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing ok and really getting into the MOB/MOG spirit.

Jayne I've had a great week, ate well, did loads of walking, gardening, cleaning, I even went swimming and guess what?, I put on a pound! my naughty weekend caught up with me. Anyway not to be deterred I'm gonna keep up the exercise and try and shift that pound this week. I've put a picture of my MOB dress on the front of the larder shelf that has all the naughty food to spur me on even more.

'The Dress' is nearly complete, just wish my darling daughter would stop losing weight, and all the bridesmaids have been for their final fittings. Only 5 weeks to go so my goals for June are;

Drink more water
    Walk a mile and a half every day
    Lose a pound each week

Good luck this week ladies x
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    How is everyone? Are we ready for another week? We can do this!

As for my health issues. ..drs are trying to rule out lupus, MS, fibromyalgia... so it's been a lot of appointments and dealing with the symptoms.

This weekend I was able to get the list of items that need to be taken care of for the wedding. The table decor is almost all set/done. I'm waiting on the materials to arrive so I can make the card box.

I have final approval on the backdrop behind the sweetheart table and a couple of other areas to cover up something we don't want to see at the reception.

In addition to wedding stuff, my focus has been drinking more water. I have been told that with the issues my kidneys have, I need to be good about drinking my water.

My goal this week. ... water intake

Sounds like you're making lots of progress! My daughter is coming over later this week to talk about some of the details she wants me to work on, so I'm hoping to be able to post soon things like the ring bearer pillow are done! :)
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Hi ladies. Hope you are all doing ok and really getting into the MOB/MOG spirit.

Jayne I've had a great week, ate well, did loads of walking, gardening, cleaning, I even went swimming and guess what?, I put on a pound! my naughty weekend caught up with me. Anyway not to be deterred I'm gonna keep up the exercise and try and shift that pound this week. I've put a picture of my MOB dress on the front of the larder shelf that has all the naughty food to spur me on even more.

'The Dress' is nearly complete, just wish my darling daughter would stop losing weight, and all the bridesmaids have been for their final fittings. Only 5 weeks to go so my goals for June are;

Drink more water
    Walk a mile and a half every day
    Lose a pound each week

Good luck this week ladies x

Julie, with all that exercise you did, that pound could simply be water being retained by your muscles as they repair. I cleaned out my storage unit last weekend--three days of lifting and moving boxes, and gained 3 pounds!! But, it was water weight and went away within a few days and I dropped a little bit of real weight in addition. Should have since I burned more than 3,000 calories each day! LOL. Your goals looks good for the month--you can do this!

My biggest concern about making Em's dress is that she'll lose weight. She has this idea that since she wants a corset bodice that it won't matter. I told her it makes it easier, but it's not like the corset will allow us to adjust THAT much. We've decided we're starting the dress in the next couple weeks regardless.

Speaking of the corset bodice, I'd like your opinion. Rather than boring the others on this thread, I'll email you. :)

Jayne
  • christinekesner1
    christinekesner1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My daughter is getting married at the end of September. I had lost 40 pounds and felt and looked so good, but the last six months have been stressful, and I have gained a little over half of that back...I was so happy last year thinking that I wouldn't be the fat mother of the bride, but now...I am starting today to change my direction! I still have some time to make changes that will allow me to feel good on my daughter's wedding day!

Christine in Atlanta
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Hey everyone! My daughter is getting married at the end of September. I had lost 40 pounds and felt and looked so good, but the last six months have been stressful, and I have gained a little over half of that back...I was so happy last year thinking that I wouldn't be the fat mother of the bride, but now...I am starting today to change my direction! I still have some time to make changes that will allow me to feel good on my daughter's wedding day!

Christine in Atlanta

Christine, welcome! You can totally drop some if not all of that weight by then! We're here to support you. :)

So, tell us about the colors and the dress and such. :)

Jayne
  • christinekesner1
    christinekesner1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne! Thanks so much for the encouragement! I can do it, I just have to stop berating myself. The more I get down on myself the harder it is!

My daughter'a colors are blush, mint and gold. Her gown is an Allure gown with a ball gown skirt and lace/crystals on the top. She looks so pretty in it! Her fiancé is so great. They have been living with me to save up for a house, so I have gotten to know him really well. I am lucky.

I am going to come to the community more often-there is a lot of support here that I wasn't using before!
  • tlr526
    tlr526 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This group is extremely supportive. I enjoy reading the posts on encouragement as well as the wedding stuff. Today I ordered the remaining supplies I will need for decorating (I hope. Lol). I have my checklist.

On top of this, we just put our house on the market. The good thing, it is keeping me busy so I'm not snacking when I don't need to. :)
    My health issues make it difficult to take care of a big house with two sets of Stairs to maneuver. I have three showings this week. ... I'm praying for a quick sale.

Tried my dress in today. ... looking a bit better than the last time I tried it. ... I have 55 days before the wedding. I would like to lose 10 more pounds before the wedding. ...
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Hi Jayne! Thanks so much for the encouragement! I can do it, I just have to stop berating myself. The more I get down on myself the harder it is!

My daughter'a colors are blush, mint and gold. Her gown is an Allure gown with a ball gown skirt and lace/crystals on the top. She looks so pretty in it! Her fiancé is so great. They have been living with me to save up for a house, so I have gotten to know him really well. I am lucky.

I am going to come to the community more often-there is a lot of support here that I wasn't using before!

That sounds lovely! How nice to get to know your SIL so well. :)

This group is extremely supportive. I enjoy reading the posts on encouragement as well as the wedding stuff. Today I ordered the remaining supplies I will need for decorating (I hope. Lol). I have my checklist.

On top of this, we just put our house on the market. The good thing, it is keeping me busy so I'm not snacking when I don't need to. :)
    My health issues make it difficult to take care of a big house with two sets of Stairs to maneuver. I have three showings this week. ... I'm praying for a quick sale.

Tried my dress in today. ... looking a bit better than the last time I tried it. ... I have 55 days before the wedding. I would like to lose 10 more pounds before the wedding. ...

You have a lot going on! Ten pounds in 55 days is doable! Good luck!!
  • Julieanna269
    Options

Hi Christine, lovely to hear from you, the dress sounds amazing. Try not to stress too much, like you I find it harder when I stress myself out too much.

Tamara, good luck with the house sale. How did you get on with your new doctor?