Age-Guessing Website

Options
This is fun...but probably not a lot more accurate than the average human being at guessing someone's age.

how-old.net/

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've tried it with several different pictures and it keeps telling me that I look 23 or 24.

I turn 40 in a few weeks. I'll take it! :)
  • mabr0505
    mabr0505 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It had me anywhere from the age of 22-75! Not very accurate. haha It is fun though.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I just tried it with my "before" picture. Apparently I looked 67...and male!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    lol I put in a before/after picture. My before was 22, after 45... clearly losing weight has really aged me :joy:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It had me at 46 and then "Couldn't detect any faces." :(

I am 38.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It had me at 27 and I'll be 46 in July...yes...I found someone to bribe;)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    It has me at 46. I'm 42. How depressing is that?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Had me at 30 with every one I tried. I'm 40.
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow it guessed my exact age! 28
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    One picture, said 24 (I'm 23) and the other said 44! Yikes!
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It was always within a few years 36 - 46 no matter what picture I used (I'm 41). My 8 yo daughter on the other hand needs to move out as it pegged her at 28 :D
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It got me right at 36 the first try, then it said the same thing for a picture from 4 years ago. Then another pic from 4 years ago it said 24. Of course that is one of the best pictures ever taken of me, even if I am fat in it.

Interestingly, each of the pictures I used had one of my kids in it. It got my kids ages' right every time.

That was cool, thanks for posting it.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What has this got to do with weight loss?

Surely it'd be better suited for the chitchat board.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    wow it said my 20 year old son and my 44 year old husband were both 31.
    said i was 38 (i'm 44) pegged my 6 year old daughter just perfectly, but i imagine it's easier on children.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »

Well some people are using both a before and current picture, so it could have something to do with weight loss and how it changes the way we look.

Mine said 35. I'm 35.

I felt so bad for Al Roker when I seen them use this site on the Today show this morning. It said he looks 84!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »

It was just for fun! If it's in the wrong place, surely the mods will move it.

I've had lots of people tell me that I look younger since I've lost weight, but I don't notice the difference until I put pictures side-by-side. This kind of confirms that for me, though obviously it isn't the most accurate tool around.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I got answers from 16-38. It did guess female every time though so I guess that's something.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

I felt so bad for Al Roker when I seen them use this site on the Today show this morning. It said he looks 84!

It seems like it might be harder on African-Americans or people of African descent.

I'm not sure why that would be, but a friend of mine who is in her early 20s gets ages in the 40s when she uses the site. I just tried it with pictures of someone I am dating (Asian and Black) who is 27--this site guesses his age as mid-to-late 30s. At least now I am going to feel slightly less like a creepy old lady when I go out with him. :)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, it said I was 50! :'(
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I used my profile picture. It said 36. I'm 52. Most people think I'm in my early 40's, so they weren't far off. I'll take it.