aound how much do you lose a week..

Options
2»

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost anything in 2 months but that's because I keep giving up.
  • pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    About 1 to 1.5 pounds per week, and it's been pretty consistent for 3 months. I'm sure it will slow down soon, as I'm about 10 pounds to my goal weight.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    pgobiel wrote: »
    About 1 to 1.5 pounds per week, and it's been pretty consistent for 3 months. I'm sure it will slow down soon, as I'm about 10 pounds to my goal weight.

Three months is a good sample size imo
  • lyricalbody
    lyricalbody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning I weighed in at 221 and this morning I was 216, so honestly, who even knows? I think it fluctuates depending on what you eat and how much
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Im in my 9th week of tracking everything I eat everyday. I lose on average 1lb a week but my first week I lost 3.5
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    In the course of the year that I've been doing this… I can probably count on one hand… maybe two… the weeks I didn't lose at least some amount of weight. I think my highest was 6 lbs. But that was very early on. Currently my rate of loss is set at 1.5 pounds a week. Since that time that I changed my rate of loss… my losses have typically been between 2.5-1.5 pounds per week.
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I eat at the absolute minimum that MFP allows (1,000 cal. a day) it sets my weight loss rate at 1/2 lb. a week. At 1200 cal. it says I'll lose 1/3 lb. a week. I'm old and small and in a healthy weight range already so it's VERY slow for me, and at that rate, I will easily see some weeks with a gain just because of fluid fluctuations which can vary up to a few lbs., so I have to remind myself of that. I am so glad that I did keep my weight down through my life and now just want to lose around 10 lbs. to get where I was most of my life - if I had a lot to lose, and had to lose it so slowly, I would get pretty discouraged at times.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    5 pounds per week is not sustainable. Figure 1 to 2 at the most if you want to keep it off. Sustainable weight loss comes not from "dieting" but rather from lifestyle change.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I dropped 5 pounds the first week too. I wasn't eating nearly enough to maintain daily function though. I was trying to follow a Dr's recommendation to stick to 1200 a day. I could not even think clearly much less maintain my usual highly active lifestyle. When I found MFP and started wearing a fitbit I found that I could eat much more and still loose. I basically let fitbit adjustments tel me how much should eat on a given day based on my actual activity level. That can for me is usually around 2300. Things have steadied down to a loss of about 2.5 pounds a week but it is definitely not linear.

Its been 6 weeks and am down 16 pounds so far. :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Right around ZERO.

(HINT: Not everyone is here to lose weight. I *was*, but not any more, right? Some are here to gain. Some to maintain. Some are here for nutrition and health. Some for (imagine that) fitness. )
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    From early february until now I've lost on average a little over 0,5lbs per week. However, in the beginnning I was slacking a bit when it comes to logging so some days are not logged/improperly logged etc.

These last three weeks I've been logging super consistently and as accurately as I can, and during this time I've been losing about 1lb per week. Feels a bit too much for me though, I'm pretty lean (~128lbs, 5'6"), and I've calculated that this would put my TDEE at around 2000kcal, which is more than I expected. If that is actually my maintenance level, I'll obviously be happy with that, but I'm waiting to collect some more data over a few more weeks until I believe that number. (I've believed for a long time that my maintenance would be around 1700-1800kcal since I'm not very active.)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have been losing since 1/1/2014. I lost 20 lb in the first six weeks, partially due to edema from anemia finally getting treated, and overall I have lost an average of 1.51 per week over the last 69.5 weeks.

When I first started with MFP, I was eating 1950 calories. Now I eat 1760 calories. I eat back an average of 50% of my exercise calories, some days less. I am not comfortable eating back a lot of calories so I actually set my goal to lose 1 lb. a week and underestimate my burn. In the end, It is all working out well for me.

ETA: to directly answer the OP's question: some weeks I lose, some weeks I show no loss or even a small gain, and some weeks I get a "whoosh" where I lose a bunch. I have had 3 stalls where I went 3-4 weeks with no loss, but it all started up again.

58841349.png