Chicken skin

Options
2»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Most of the fat is rendered if it's cooked until crispy, and even if it didn't, no way I wold be throwing it, it's the only part that still retains some flavor regardless of how much it's commercialized. skin shaming. :D
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Most of the fat is rendered if it's cooked until crispy, and even if it didn't, no way I wold be throwing it, it's the only part that still retains some flavor regardless of how much it's commercialized. skin shaming. :D

with you 100%
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »
    I have been doing boneless, skinless thighs because it is easier to weigh and log, but I love the skin. I would cook 6-8 thighs and eat the skin off of all of them at once, because it wouldn't be as good the next day. Every day it becomes more clear how I ended up needing to lsoe weight. :p

You and me both, I would BBQ or roast a whole chicken then eat most of the skin while carving the chicken.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    No chicken skins for me or my dog. Yuck! But pork skins here in the BBQ capitol of the US? Oh, my! And my dog doesn't have a chance of ever tasting them.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I grill bone in, skin on, on the barbecue. No way I'm giving the skin to the dog, that stuff is delicious! And I have been steadily losing weight and inches, so not worried about a little fat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    One lucky dog.
    Dancing-Dog-Animated-GIF1.gif

LOL...that is so my dog ...see

besssk0uve0x.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    It's completely tasteless and very often dry if it's cooked without skin imo, unless you marinate the bejesus out of it (and then you're just getting the marinade) or you brine it and etc. etc. Why not just take the skin off after cooking, there's not that much fat that gets into it. I always eat the skin myself, because eating chicken at all is punishment enough.

I agree for roast, grilled and barbecue but chicken cacciatore is a casserole dish so it's cooked in tomatoes ..hence that 1260 calories of fat would be in the dish and have to be counted ...and it really doesn't need it