Replies

• Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    No I haven't tried it tbh

Don't think I want to either

I love CICO and it works really well
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    whats CICO? never heard of it, I always thought a paleo diet was the healthiest of diets?
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    whats CICO? never heard of it, I always thought a paleo diet was the healthiest of diets?

Calories in, calories out-meaning you eat less calories than what you need to maintain your current weight, which results in weight loss. It's what My Fitness Pal is based upon :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    I always thought a paleo diet was the healthiest of diets?

Who said that?

A paleo diet can be quite healthy, and it can be quite unhealthy. Depends on the personal choices you make, of course. Paleo does cut out some foods that are generally recognized as healthy (by the same sources that paleo types like when they recommend limiting sugar and highly processed carbs in general, amusingly), but that doesn't mean you can't have a healthy diet without those foods. It also limits or excludes some foods that many people on the standard American diet tend to overconsume, and thus prevents overconsumption, but it's not that hard to avoid overconsuming those foods (or even to cut out some of them, if you like) without doing "paleo."

Obviously, one can have a non paleo diet (non any kind of label diet, as I personally prefer) and make extremely healthy choices. The label you use or the specific foods you cut out really aren't the issue. Making choices that result in good nutrition is.