Question about carbs/fat/calories/etc.

Options
2»

Replies

• resilient_for_Rylen
    resilient_for_Rylen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I can eat 5 times a day. I eat breakfast lunch and dinner and as long as I eat enough during those meals I feel great. Occasionally I'll have a snack between lunch and dinner but not very often. I don't really like to feel "full". I've tried all kinds of stupid diets and I feel like I should just use common sense and eat a well balanced diet while watching my calories. Doesn't seem like it should be that easy lol
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Seriously, eat whatever you want, within your calorie goal, in order to lose weight. Anything. Seriously, really, truly...anything.

However, if you want to also feel great in addition to losing weight, try to hit your macros as well, and try to include lots of variety in order to get your micronutrients also. That doesn't mean you have to cut out things like carbs or sugar, it just means that you should give priority to meeting your body's needs first, then whatever leftover calories you have...eat whatever you want.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You are going about it the wrong way. Eat 5x day 2 snacks and more fruits and vegetables per meal plus high in protein and you would lose weight and try to excersise more 3-4 times a week

Aside from exercise, which helps on the "calories out" part of the equation but isn't 100% necessary, what does any of that have to do with weight loss?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    It is always and *only* about calories. None of the other crap matters. None. You can get to your goal weight on donuts and ice cream if that's how you wanted to do it.

It's about balance, sure go ahead and get your 1200 cals from sugar, think you will feel as good as if you ate a balanced diet at the end? Nope

I feel fine no matter what I eat.

Yep.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So I had been at a "stall" for 4 days of my weight not going up or down even though I still have about 50 pounds to lose. Yesterday it was the same again even though the day before I had run 2 two miles and had a huge calorie deficit the day before. I've been restricting carbs, eating no processed food, and no sugar that isn't naturally found in food. I was so frustrated so I kind of let myself cheat yesterday. I was still counting calories but not focusing on carbs or sugar, even went to Mcdonald's. I went a little bit over my calorie goal (goal is 1200, I ate 1500). This morning I weighed myself and to my surprise I FINALLY had a loss. So now I'm wondering. Is restricting carbs (I was eating below 50g) really necessary? I know I shouldn't eat sugar all day but in moderation is it okay? Has anyone focused on JUST calories and making mostly healthy choices and still lost? I still don't want to overdo it on carbs because I feel good with not too many. I'm just curious. I lost 40 pounds previously (gained it back since) by limiting my fat intake to 30-40g a day but I was ALWAYS hungry.

You are going about it the wrong way. Eat 5x day 2 snacks and more fruits and vegetables per meal plus high in protein and you would lose weight and try to excersise more 3-4 times a week

Terrible first post.

While meal frequency does have a small influence (particularly in lean individuals) as well as what macros one eats do influence weight loss - they are unnecessary complications. One can lose weight successfully and consistently by focusing on calories consumed.

Op, moderation is fine.