Craving pizza!!! What to do?

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Make a pizza of course. It's not within my budget (calorie and money) right now to order a pizza, so I made one instead. A yummy buffalo veggie pizza.

3d70fti8le7b.jpg

Replies

• nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Epic win!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love making my own pizza. I usually have it once a week. I make it on a low carb tortilla with lots of veggies, tomato sauce no salt added, light cheese, and turkey pepperoni!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'd have to add some Meats ;) ...but it looks good!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Yup me too...I often make my own pizza instead of ordering in...it's better anyway.

Barring that delissio vintage is pretty good.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    @ExRelaySprinter
    Typically I would, but I'm out of pepperoni and didn't feel like waiting for chicken to thaw so I could grill it.

@Noreenmarie1234
    It's a family favorite in my house. My 3 yr old loves making his own pizza and it gets him to eat veggies he normally wouldn't eat.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love my own homemade pizza. I do a super thin crust. Tomato sauce, reduced fat mozzarella and parma ham. Around 700cals if I eat the whole thing. I can, of course, leave a couple of slices.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Recipe?
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! Looks good! I find the 250g Pizza Express ones (about 600 cals) perfect if I'm really craving pizza and want to fit it in my allowance.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    Recipe?
    Nothing to fancy here. I'm having a lazy day, so:

Medium Soft Taco Flour (53g....weighed a little more than it was supposed to)
    Spinach (I think I had 13g)
    Yellow Onion (20g)
    Mushroom (22 g)
    Finely Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese (actually, I think today I used a taco blend *shrug*...full serving 28g)
    Buffalo Sauce (29 g)

On days I'm feeling more ambitious I like to make my own pizza crust, but for lazy days flour tortillas work.
  • shadow2soul
    edited May 2015
    Options
    zmusic wrote: »
    Make a pizza of course. It's not within my budget (calorie and money) right now to order a pizza, so I made one instead. A yummy buffalo veggie pizza.

3d70fti8le7b.jpg

Do U make your own dough? If so, check out Wolgang Puck's recipe. It's delicious!

Not today, but sometimes I do. Depends on how I'm feeling for the day. I'll look it up.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have issues with gluten, soy, yeast, ect.... so (don't look at me like I'm nuts!!) I slice eggplants, top like a normal pizza (sauce and all), then bake. Super yummy!! It doesn't have the crunch of pizza, but it hits the spot for sure.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Valtishia wrote: »
    I have issues with gluten, soy, yeast, ect.... so (don't look at me like I'm nuts!!) I slice eggplants, top like a normal pizza (sauce and all), then bake. Super yummy!! It doesn't have the crunch of pizza, but it hits the spot for sure.

I might have to try that sometime. It sounds yummy.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    So what's the difference in calories between your homemade pizza a similar quantity of a Pizza Hut etc pizza
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    So what's the difference in calories between your homemade pizza a similar quantity of a Pizza Hut etc pizza
    Well, you can't get one like that at pizza hut. lol. That pizza has an 8" diameter and was just under 300 calories for the whole thing. Even a personal veggie pizza at Pizza hut comes out to 550 calories for the whole thing and the 12" thin is 180 for 1/8 the pizza.

Dominos says something similar at 10" would be 200 for 1/4 the pizza, but their nutrition calculator won't let you adjust sauce and doesn't add calories for veggies.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I was just about to come in here and say "EAT PIZZA" but you have. So I'm happy. I love making homemade pizza. I use a flatbread type thing and slap my fave stuff on. Usually comes to about 350 cals and is lush.

I'd choose it over Pizza Hut or Domino's any day.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    0558so879ntm.jpg
    Best pizza I ever had-Naples, Italy!
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    0558so879ntm.jpg
    Best pizza I ever had-Naples, Italy!

That looks yummy.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had a dominos earlier. Yours looks much nicer!
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I make pizza every week, it was the one thing I wouldn't give up. I've been perfecting my recipes and technique for over a year now.

FybOeNHh.jpg

vvkrFITh.jpg

X14kkEuh.jpg

e7MZieTh.jpg

Bonus calzone

SIJVaeQh.jpg