To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options

Replies

• livbridgex
    livbridgex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tomm88 wrote: »
    one day i just wanted to scan some beef and see how much protein was in 300 grams...... and ended up here, a jungle, full of people hating on one another and cougars.... lots of cougars. OP has a point though, It aint that serious.

So true, I'm pretty new to this website and everyone's so uppity.. just wanted to make a joke of it because people put up so many barriers and are so selective about who they should be friends with when its just sorta silly :) no need to be so serious all the time when we're all just here for the same thing!
    Although my post turned into an argument very fast ha.. it wasn't intended as that.
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Lotta bitchin' goin on around here lately.

callin people out on bitchin is also a bitchin thing to do
    so welcome ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    one day i just wanted to scan some beef and see how much protein was in 300 grams...... and ended up here, a jungle, full of people hating on one another and cougars.... lots of cougars. OP has a point though, It aint that serious.

So true, I'm pretty new to this website and everyone's so uppity.. just wanted to make a joke of it because people put up so many barriers and are so selective about who they should be friends with when its just sorta silly :) no need to be so serious all the time when we're all just here for the same thing!
    Although my post turned into an argument very fast ha.. it wasn't intended as that.

To be fair, you say other people are uppity when you just kinda waltzed in and made fun of/chewed out a bunch of people who did nothing but be particular in their personal profiles. If you walked into a room full of people and started saying to everyone "OMG, can you believe the people in here? what wankers!" do you think it would go down well? Really... you're hardly the victim here.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

so welcome ;)

The difference is, mine took three seconds to write and post. It is WAY more serious for you. Why do you even care enough to write an essay about the antics of some of the users here? I guess if I'm going to say "use this place for whatever you want," I should accept the fact that you're going to use it to question what other people use it for. Last time I checked though, judging how other people set up their profile is probably considered 'uppity' as well, no?

You're still fairly new here and a pretty girl at that. Give it long enough and you'll receive a few creepy FRs without messages and before you know it, you're getting pics of creepy FRs peen sent straight to your inbox without warning!
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

To be fair, you say other people are uppity when you just kinda waltzed in and made fun of/chewed out a bunch of people who did nothing but be particular in their personal profiles. If you walked into a room full of people and started saying to everyone "OMG, can you believe the people in here? what wankers!" do you think it would go down well? Really... you're hardly the victim here.

Ye but mate you're not in a room full of people, there are countless people on here asking for naked pictures of one and another how do you think that would go down in a room full of people? granted you're in some swingers club somewhere:/. I get where everyones coming from but the lass is just speaking her mind.
  • livbridgex
    Options

15f1m64zvlpq.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Ye but mate you're not in a room full of people, there are countless people on here asking for naked pictures of one and another how do you think that would go down in a room full of people? granted you're in some swingers club somewhere:/. I get where everyones coming from but the lass is just speaking her mind.

And I'm just saying that you can't expect people not to arc up when you start a thread for no purpose other than to have a crack at people. I'm not saying you haven't got every right to do it, just saying that you can't expect to not cop some backlash (and rightly so, if you're having a go at others) *shrug* Seems pretty hypocritical.
  • livbridgex
    Options

so welcome ;)

The difference is, mine took three seconds to write and post. It is WAY more serious for you. Why do you even care enough to write an essay about the antics of some of the users here? I guess if I'm going to say "use this place for whatever you want," I should accept the fact that you're going to use it to question what other people use it for. Last time I checked though, judging how other people set up their profile is probably considered 'uppity' as well, no?

You're still fairly new here and a pretty girl at that. Give it long enough and you'll receive a few creepy FRs without messages and before you know it, you're getting pics of creepy FRs peen sent straight to your inbox without warning!

It was a joke!! It doesn't ACTUALLY keep me up at night despite contrary belief.. I was only trying to make people laugh man. Well thanks, maybe I will but I won't make a huge song and dance about it in my 'about me', I'll just delete them :)
  • livbridgex
    Options

:)<3
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

so welcome ;)

Maybe YOU are taking the OP too seriously. It was a satire post. It was meant to be funny. Chill.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    nothing beats a "good ol chin wag" on a monday afternoon
  • livbridgex
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

so welcome ;)

Maybe YOU are taking the OP too seriously. It was a satire post. It was meant to be funny. Chill.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever asked me for naked pictures. :(

I have had a couple people "friend" me with suspiciously friendly messages...then about 5 or 6 message chit chat exchanges later, BOOM, I got hit with the offer to make money at home with Shakeology or being some kind of fitness coach, etc....

• livbridgex
    Options
    nothing beats a "good ol chin wag" on a monday afternoon

especially a bank holiday afternoon!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Nobody ever asked me for naked pictures. :(

I have had a couple people "friend" me with suspiciously friendly messages...then about 5 or 6 message chit chat exchanges later, BOOM, I got hit with the offer to make money at home with Shakeology or being some kind of fitness coach, etc....
    Whuut that's cool! Did you take up the offer? Nice one :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    When people send me a friend request I prefer that they say why. I don't think that's so strange. There are "mean people", as the experts on here are called, that have been here a long time and have tons of FR. They don't have the time for hundreds of people. I can understand that, so I don't bother them. You may be "having fun" with your post, but yes, people around here take their friends seriously. MFP is what it is---love it or leave it. B)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Meh, my general reaction to "you must do X to be my friend" is:

395.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

so welcome ;)

What has led you to believe the post was satirical in nature? The initial post or all of the posts after where she's defending her stance that people who are choosy are uppity and she just can't deal with that?

I am cooler than the other side of the pillow, so there is no need for me to chill. I have no stipulations written in my profile and I decline people even WITH a message if I feel like it. Because I give no *kitten*. The only thing people see in my profile is my quote, which actually makes fun of quotes like yours :)

Maybe I'm just uppity?
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ok confession time for me. Someone just sent me a friend request out of the blue. I did send him a little email telling him that I am married with four kids and not here for anything else but help, support and to do the same for others and if he wants more he can forget adding me as a friend. :(
    I've had a stalker on Facebook over a year ago and thank God the guy hasn't found me here cos he was a creep. Yippee!! No terms and conditions from me but if you not serious on your quest to a healthier you then I'm not gonna add you. If you committed and focused, even if you fall down, cheat or give up on yourself then I will be there to give a helping hand.
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I love this! I don't send a whole lot of requests unless I find someone that I'm interested in interacting with but I do add pretty much anyone who sends me a request. I will delete them later if they post things that are obnoxious a lot of whatever but I don't understand the posts of "okay, I deleted a bunch of people because we don't interact and they haven't logged. if you're still here, consider yourself lucky". There's this crazy thing that happens to some of us called "life outside or social media".Please. Get a life.