C25K?

Options
2»

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Part of what you are learning here is how to run at a reasonable pace. So run SLOWER than your natural inclination. It'll help you set a sustainable pace and then you can raise it from there as things become easier.

This! Never worry about how slow you are going. Speed will come, you want to work on endurance first. :) I have done it before and have started it up again. Good luck!

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    annanavis wrote: »
    4. Register for a race in advance. This is the best incentive to stay on track on the weeks. Most C25K plans are 8 or 9 weeks, so maybe register for a race 12 weeks out from when you begin, just to give yourself some wiggle-room. Try and find a fun run - like a color run (look that up - they are possibly the best races ever) - or at least one with a pretty route, like through a park or forest preserve, and not just a road race. The USATF (USA Track and Field association) website has a place where you can search for local races by location, date, length of race, etc. Local running clubs can also be found on MeetUp, and they'll probably know upcoming local races, as will local specialty running stores.

Yes! This! I started C25K in February, and registered for a race in April. I couldn't run before I started the program, but I faithfully completed each day, repeating when I knew I didn't do well. I completed that race last weekend! Now, I run 3 days per week. Although I didn't notice a huge difference in weight loss or strength at first, I started seeing a big difference about half way through the program. I know it helped slim my legs A LOT. The program is amazing.