soo ive been doing really well lost 8lbs last two weeks but...

Options
13»

Replies

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Honestly I eat 'treats' DAILY with no guilt. Just not large portions of them on most days. I have a very IIFYM approach to this.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP I posted this in a similar thread earlier today:

Step 1: stop looking at food in terms of good and bad. It is just food.
    Step 2: figure out an appropriate calorie deficit and a total calorie allowance based on your goals
    Step 3: figure out how to fill that calorie allowance with foods you enjoy and that keep you satisfied
    Step 4: every week try adding new foods to expand your choices - some weeks more vegetables, some weeks more proteins, eat something different for breakfast, etc.
    Step 5: don't get frustrated if you exceed your calories, just get back on plan as soon as possible
    Step 6: report back when you've hit your goals

There is nothing wrong with a muffin and pancake. Many people here have been very successful continuing to eat all the foods they love just in moderation. You can, in fact, eat a donut every day and still lose weight AND be healthy. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about muffins, pancakes, donuts, etc. Or sugar in general for that matter.

cosigned
  • ndj1979
    Options
    belinus wrote: »
    Neither of those things, a muffin or pancake, are really all that bad for you in the grand scheme of things provided you are not loading them up with sugar and such.

If you were eating candy/cookies and/or drinking pop, then I would tell you to stop. But otherwise don't feel guilty.

why?

so one muffin is OK, but the equivalent serving of cookies is not?????
  • ndj1979
    Options

What's wrong with candy/cookies in the context of a balanced diet? Or a soda now and then?

I eat cookies and ice cream almost daily and I'm still losing weight consistently.

Alyssa,

I would say eating cookies and ice cream almost daily is not healthy. Regardless of whether or not you may be losing weight consistently, too much sugar is harmful to your body.

If you put your self at a high calorie deficit, you will lose weight, regardless of what you eat, you could eat a donut every day and still lose weight. But theres no way that could be considered "healthy".

my blood work disagrees with you. I eat ice cream daily, about one serving, and every year my blood work is "nearly perfect" ..

so yes you can do it, and yes it is health …

and healthy would be the context of the overall diet and making sure one hits macros/micros …not an individual food that is not consumed in a vacuum….
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

What's wrong with candy/cookies in the context of a balanced diet? Or a soda now and then?

I eat cookies and ice cream almost daily and I'm still losing weight consistently.

Alyssa,

I would say eating cookies and ice cream almost daily is not healthy. Regardless of whether or not you may be losing weight consistently, too much sugar is harmful to your body.

If you put your self at a high calorie deficit, you will lose weight, regardless of what you eat, you could eat a donut every day and still lose weight. But theres no way that could be considered "healthy".

LOL......the joy of internet education......