At what point do you stop getting chub rub? (chaffing between thighs etc)

Do you need to have a thigh gap?

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Normal ppl can't get that. You know... anatomy
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    It's all down to bone structure....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    My thighs stopped rubbing when I hit a small size 14 (US 10)

I'm now a size 10 (US 6) and due to my bone structure and genetics, and possibly a millionty-two weighted squats and lunges, I appear to have a thigh gap but it had nothing to do with the chaffing
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    chub rub…hahahahaha! I still wear shorts under my skirts to prevent this.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    My thighs stoppped rubbing when I hit about 165...I am 5 ft 7 (size 10)

no thigh gap for me...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I'm about 129lbs and have a thigh gap btw knees and upper part of my thighs. But the uppermost part still touches and will probably always touch. Anatomy seems to be right for a thigh gap *shudders* but the upper part is just one of those spots where I'm not losing. Oh well...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    I think I was good (no chaffing) by the 150s, which for me (I'm 5'3) was still above a healthy BMI. And I'll never have a thigh gap, even at the bottom of the healthy BMI range, so it's not related to that at all.

Thigh gap wasn't a thing when I was growing up, at least not that I ever heard of, so despite my various youthful insecurities I'm delighted that that's not something I ever worried about.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Pah, I used to get it as a fit teen when I was in the 120s... *sigh* 'Tis what it is.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My thighs stopped rubbing when I hit a small size 14 (US 10)

I'm now a size 10 (US 6) and due to my bone structure and genetics, and possibly a millionty-two weighted squats and lunges, I appear to have a thigh gap but it had nothing to do with the chaffing

Millionty two....LOL!!!
  • BootCampLola
    BootCampLola Posts: 13 Member
    Mine started showing at 60kg
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Thigh gap wasn't a thing when I was growing up, at least not that I ever heard of, so despite my various youthful insecurities I'm delighted that that's not something I ever worried about.

I don't desire a thigh gap, but if I get one ''yay''- I guess? I've never had one before, so I'm not expecting it. Apparently it's more likely if you have wide set hips.
  • ReynaDay01
    ReynaDay01 Posts: 57 Member
    xstephnz wrote: »

I don't desire a thigh gap, but if I get one ''yay''- I guess? I've never had one before, so I'm not expecting it. Apparently it's more likely if you have wide set hips.

You would be correct. Most people with thigh gaps have fairly large hips; 35+ inches.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Never for me. I would have to be skeletal for my thighs to stop rubbing. I always wear bike shorts under skirts and dresses. ;) I don't care to be skeletal.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2MskQOinwE

I used to care that my thighs were touching, but then I realized that there was no shame in having bigger thighs (18 years of soccer...9 playing competitively...permanent thunder thigh status lol)...I just prefer to think of myself as a land mermaid
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    There are different things you can wear or use to prevent chafing.

http://www.xojane.com/healthy/chub-rub-thigh-chafing-solutions
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    I just prefer to think of myself as a land mermaid

Haha, that's adorable :)
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member

I have one...you know...anatomy.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2MskQOinwE

I used to care that my thighs were touching, but then I realized that there was no shame in having bigger thighs (18 years of soccer...9 playing competitively...permanent thunder thigh status lol)...I just prefer to think of myself as a land mermaid

Haha, that is a great bit of stand up! Love it!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member

Hmmmm. I weigh 138. My legs are muscular and I have a thigh gap. Pilates, squats and running and I am large boned.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    ReynaDay01 wrote: »
    xstephnz wrote: »

You would be correct. Most people with thigh gaps have fairly large hips; 35+ inches.

That's interesting. I have quite narrow hips, so I guess my personal assessment that a thigh gap is unlikely is correct.

Luckily, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with chaffing, as I don't have a problem with it and would have to gain about 30 lbs for it to be an issue, based on past experience. So it's likely to go away, OP!

Thinking about this more because I tend to overthink things ;-), the deal with a thigh gap is that there's a gap when you stand with your feet together, right? Since people don't walk with their feet together, there's no reason there would be a connection.