At what point do you stop getting chub rub? (chaffing between thighs etc)

Options

Replies

• cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Don´t think it is related to hair. I never had hair in those areas and had a lot of chaffing when I weighted 95 kilos. Now I´m 75 and my thighs still touch but now I don´t get any chaffing. Even when I still have 10-15 kilos to loose. I think it´s more related to sweat and the natural greasyness of the skin. And during the summer the chaffing is much worse than in winters. When I had chaffing I used some protective cream for runners´nipples sold at Decathlon that increased the slip and greasyness of the skin. Also there are some bars that are intended for the feet that worked fine. I used the anti blisters bar from Mercadona, it is cheap, very light, has no smell and does not stain your clothes. And once the chaffing is here, Johnsons Baby regenerative cream (the blue tube that contains panthenol).
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    f66f5fb47a5df2970b01ab36083e60a4.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    xstephnz wrote: »

Wow, just watched that video. I wanted to post it on my facebook, but it was kinda shocking- I'm a Christian and didn't like a few parts of it. I was really shocked when she pulled her pants down. If I did that in public I would probably be put back in hospital! (I have Bipolar...)

THIS .. is not an abusive comment this is the poster's opinion and she has the right to express it

@xstephnz please do not be concerned by some idiot reporting this as abuse ...that is not the pupose of the flagging system and MFP moderators do not take kindly to spurious abuse flags that take up their time when they can be looking for valuable cat gifs
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

THIS .. is not an abusive comment this is the poster's opinion and she has the right to express it

Totally agree with you, even if I don´t agree with her opinion regarding "morale" and "christianity". But hey, as Dirty Harry said, everybody has one.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Wow, just watched that video. I wanted to post it on my facebook, but it was kinda shocking- I'm a Christian and didn't like a few parts of it. I was really shocked when she pulled her pants down. If I did that in public I would probably be put back in hospital! (I have Bipolar...)

@xstephnz please do not be concerned by some idiot reporting this as abuse ...that is not the pupose of the flagging system and MFP moderators do not take kindly to spurious abuse flags that take up their time when they can be looking for valuable cat gifs

Seconded.

As to the thigh gap, it's genetic. I have wide hips and have it, but pay the price because the wide hips are aggravating a knee issue.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Haha thanks. I didn't even realise someone had flagged me, that is kinda funny! It's not like I asked for the video to be taken down, I thought most of it was funny/awesome.

And

Yay for cats!!!
  • xstephnz
    Options

What did the person say btw? (if they did say something)
  • xstephnz
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Maybe shave/wax that area. I used to find I would get rub burn but then once I had ripped all my hair out in the process I would no longer get rub burn.

Like its the hairs that cause the friction.

It's... further down, more between the top of my thighs then ''up there''. Maybe it's different for males?
  • xstephnz
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    The undershorts look great but they seem kinda expensive when you have to buy several pairs, get them shipped from the USA when you're potentially losing a dress size every two months. Not sure how far into the future I'll need them either? Maybe they have something similar in New Zealand.

I have some lose fitting, thin leggings, but they don't cling to my thighs enough and they do start to rub after I've walked for about forty minutes.

Bike shorts from The Warehouse Steph ;)

Whats the difference between bike shorts and leggings?
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Some people just have big thighs and they rub, OK. I was 130# as a teen and my thighs were still rubbing!
  • Sued0nim
    Options

What did the person say btw? (if they did say something)

Nobody knows .. some people just flag stuff .. the flagging system is ridonculous
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I still had no thigh gap at my smallest of 6 stone 10 lbs
  • xstephnz
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    Some people just have big thighs and they rub, OK. I was 130# as a teen and my thighs were still rubbing!

Umm, anger?
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Giant thigh gaps are not a great look, not something I hanker after. They are very erm... "hello! I am a crotch! Look at me!!"

As far as the rubbing goes, firmness seems to make a difference for me. If I am out of shape and pasty I get rub, if I am firm and toned I never notice it, no matter how big my thighs.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ReynaDay01 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Thigh gap wasn't a thing when I was growing up, at least not that I ever heard of, so despite my various youthful insecurities I'm delighted that that's not something I ever worried about.

I don't desire a thigh gap, but if I get one ''yay''- I guess? I've never had one before, so I'm not expecting it. Apparently it's more likely if you have wide set hips.

You would be correct. Most people with thigh gaps have fairly large hips; 35+ inches.

41" hips and no thigh gap! I don't think I ever will to be honest, I only have 11lbs to lose before I start looking too thin on the top half and my legs are a long way off ever having a gap, they just happen to be where I carry most of my weight. :( I wish there was a way to get rid of weight off just your bottom half, my sister has always told me I have tree trunk legs, hehe (I do look pretty awful in dresses..!)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    is 35+ inches fairly large?

I only ask because my hips are around 38 inches and I'm a US size 6 so I'm wondering where 'large' starts
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just for those wondering about buying undershorts...

I just buy a pair of thick-ish tights or leggings cheaply (for people in the UK, Primark is the way to go, about £1-2/pair), then I cut them at the knee. Because I use tights or leggings they're very flexible, comfortable, and don't make me sweaty as the material is quite breathable and it isn't that thick - when I say thick-ish, I just mean a higher denier, like 40-60+, rather than sheer ones. They stay up brilliantly when they're a higher denier/thickness and don't wear out easily. I'm pretty lazy, I just take some scissors to them, no hemming, and I've never had problems with ladders or fraying or anything like that. I've been doing it this way for years ;) (have had to create different sized pairs for pre-, during, and post-pregnancy!).
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've had some of the undershorts from Evans before but they are a bit big. Yours have started doing like a lace cycling shorts, I'm going to try those. I use lanacane cream especially for chub rub but it wears off and needs reapplying if you're walking a bit. Fi might try the runners one, glide?
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old so thigh gap wasn't a thing when I was a teenager. Not that I recall anyways. I'm tall and have thin legs and I've never had a thigh gap even at my thinnest. I have narrow hips though. I think I would have to be really really thin to get it- too thin.

Can't speak to the chafing as I've never had that either.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    North44 wrote: »
    I'm 49 years old so thigh gap wasn't a thing when I was a teenager. Not that I recall anyways. I'm tall and have thin legs and I've never had a thigh gap even at my thinnest. I have narrow hips though. I think I would have to be really really thin to get it- too thin.

Can't speak to the chafing as I've never had that either.

You're lucky, I remember doing a night shift one summer when I was a mental health nurse and I was on the go all night. When I got home I was in agony and had to have a salt bath as my thighs had rubbed so badly they'd blistered and bled. Funny thing was I was a size 12-14 back then!