soo daammnn fatt

shruthu_2996
shruthu_2996 Posts: 29 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm back again! This is the first time I'm introducing myself though!! I am 18 years old.. And I try to keep up to my goals.. But the sad thing is, I have a thyroid condition, and as a result, obviously I'm fat.. Looking at other girls my age so pretty and perfectly sized.. And people teasing me cuz am *fat* I wish I really had some support and motivation... I could also use some advice..

Replies

• jerseypanda
    jerseypanda Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there! My husband also has a thyroid condition. He really focuses on watching what he's eating and during in exercise. What have you tried so far?
  • shruthu_2996
    edited May 2015
    Firstly, I'm Indian... So I don't really have access to a lot of health foods abroad.. Even if I do, my doc clearly adviced me not to get onto stored foods.. So I started following an Indian form of diet which I saw had a lot of success stories.. And I do regular aerobic workout.. They all seemed to work very well for a while and then my thyroid count shot up suddenly and I started gaining weight besides my diet and workout patterns
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    I'm back again! This is the first time I'm introducing myself though!! I am 18 years old.. And I try to keep up to my goals.. But the sad thing is, I have a thyroid condition, and as a result, obviously I'm fat.. Looking at other girls my age so pretty and perfectly sized.. And people teasing me cuz am *fat* I wish I really had some support and motivation... I could also use some advice..

I have a thyroid condition too. Do you keep yours managed with proper medication? I've never had a problem losing weight from my thyroid condition since it's being managed.
  • shruthu_2996
    I am using proper medication.. But the past three months were quite upsetting.. The last batch of tablets that I used were adulterated.. So I gained more pounds.. Again..
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am using proper medication.. But the past three months were quite upsetting.. The last batch of tablets that I used were adulterated.. So I gained more pounds.. Again..

Are you counting your calories? Weighing your food?
  • shruthu_2996
    I am counting calories yes..
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member

I feel for you. I was an overweight teenager. I started dieting when I was 16 and I am still at it. My goal weight today is actually what I weighed when I first start dieting.
    The best advice I can give you is don't compare yourself to others. They do not have the same health condition you have. Use the food diary here to track your food choices. If you make a poor choice one day move on and try to make better choices the next day.

The hard part is to ignore the people teasing you and keep a positive attitude about yourself. some of those pretty perfectly sized girls may have weight issues of their own
  • shruthu_2996

I feel for you. I was an overweight teenager. I started dieting when I was 16 and I am still at it. My goal weight today is actually what I weighed when I first start dieting.
    The best advice I can give you is don't compare yourself to others. They do not have the same health condition you have. Use the food diary here to track your food choices. If you make a poor choice one day move on and try to make better choices the next day

The hard part is to ignore the people teasing you and keep a positive attitude about yourself. some of those pretty perfectly sized girls may have weight issues of their own[/quote]

That was really sweet thank yu so much :)

• mahammadtouseef
    mahammadtouseef Posts: 97 Member
    Ok.. iam an indian too. Dont know much about thyroid thing.but other than that i may be helpful.