detox help!!

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Just drop this line of thought :).
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    qdo508q4zpr4.jpg
    Happy Harold says detoxes are unnecessary since your body does it already.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Peep detox.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Triple stamped your double stamp. No quitsies.

triple stampled the double stamp. notarized. signed sealed delivered.

I can't figure out how many stamps we are at now, but add mine to it.

OP: Your body has a natural cleaning system through your liver and kidneys. No detox required.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    bridez559 wrote: »
    WHATS A GOOD detox i can make at home trying to clean myself out but not buying nothing that cost to much money..like any food and drinks i can make at home

Water, and a balanced diet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Wait, its Cinco de Mayo....
    2onk3yza18bu.jpeg
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    parks-and-recreation-sometimes-when-i-poop-andy.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    If you're looking for a "clean out" get one of those powders from your pharmacy they give to colonoscopy patients before the big day.....
    It's not a pleasant experience, but you'll be completely emptied out. Just make sure not to venture far from the toilet for 24 hours.
    Other than that, I got nothing.
  • tiarajj08
    tiarajj08 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm crying from y'all comments!!! Lol lol y'all not right lol
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2015
    If you want the feeling of being cleansed, pick up a bottle of magnesium citrate (found at any drug store). Just clear your schedule for the next 5-6 hours after you drink it. And have extra toilet paper and a charged phone or a new book to read. I promise, you will feel very cleaned out. ;)

But yes, your body does its own detoxification.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    The only detox needed is water just city down on sodium which retains water and new water will push old water out simple
  • Christine_72
    If you're looking for a "clean out" get one of those powders from your pharmacy they give to colonoscopy patients before the big day.....
    It's not a pleasant experience, but you'll be completely emptied out. Just make sure not to venture far from the toilet for 24 hours.

Um, no, don't do that. Sorry. They aren't even available without a prescription/Drs recommendation in most cases, and improper use of them can seriously mess up a person's electrolytes. That's a bad scene.
    Even properly used they have a risk of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

I wasn't condoning them. I did it once because I was painfully constipated, no colonoscopy.
    You can buy them over the counter here for $3.50, no prescription needed.
    Doctors can prescribe more hardcore formulas.

• Christine_72
    Plus it's unclear if the OP wants a "detox" or a clean out. ..
  • Christine_72

She never was very clear, was she. And she never came back!

Lately it seems if new posters don't like the replies they receive they don't bother coming back... :confused:

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member

Lately it seems if new posters don't like the replies they receive they don't bother coming back... :confused:

Or they start a mean people thread.
  • Christine_72

Or they start a mean people thread.

yes indeedy :confounded:

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I love you people! Faith restored in humanity.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member

Um, no, don't do that. Sorry. They aren't even available without a prescription/Drs recommendation in most cases, and improper use of them can seriously mess up a person's electrolytes. That's a bad scene.
    Even properly used they have a risk of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

Eh, I think the hilariously-named "Go Lightly" is prescription only, but when my husband had his scope, they just had him take Miralax, which is out in the general pharmacy in the poop-aid aisle.
  • Christine_72
    There's a few over the counter preps you can get here in Australia. One of the common ones is called "picolax". Definitely no script needed. This is what they recommend for folks to prepare and empty before a colonoscopy.
  • Christine_72
    And I noticed again that OP never came back..this is getting to be a trend around here.

I reckon!! :huh: :disappointed: