Why I am cutting back on sugar

12345679»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I stay away from foods or drinks with added sugar, simply because they are not good for me and my body doesn't have any use for it.

My body enjoys homemade apple pie. Strawberry rhubarb too. And even apart from sweets, I'm not sure why adding a little sugar to my rhubarb sauce makes it unhealthy vs. an apple sauce made just with apple sauce.

No one has ever answered that question!

Just put stuff in the crock pot for homemade applesauce-apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and water-sooo good :p

Sounds amazing.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    I stay away from foods or drinks with added sugar, simply because they are not good for me and my body doesn't have any use for it.

My body enjoys homemade apple pie. Strawberry rhubarb too. And even apart from sweets, I'm not sure why adding a little sugar to my rhubarb sauce makes it unhealthy vs. an apple sauce made just with apple sauce.

No one has ever answered that question!

Just put stuff in the crock pot for homemade applesauce-apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and water-sooo good :p

Sounds amazing.

It's ridiculously easy to make too-peel and dice up some apples (I did one full 5lb bag and then a partial bag this morning, so around 8lbs before I cored them), mix apples with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1tsp cinnamon and add to large crockpot-then add one cup of water on top and cook on low for around 6 hours. Fork mash it to desired consistency (my kids like it chunkier), and serve warm or cold :) It also makes your house smell wonderful while it's cooking!

eta: it's fantastic warm on top of vanilla ice cream too!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Is this yet another generic 'why I'm not eating sugar' thread, or is it the same one?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    FitnessTim wrote: »
    Still if people want to wait 30 more years before the studies on sugar have had time to fully proven, that's up to them. For me, I'm going to go with the best information I have at this time.
    And yet isn't that what we all do? None of it is really fully proven is it? Lot's of correlation but very little causation. We read the studies, interpret them and draw our own conclusions. Worry about sugar if you like... don't worry about sugar if you like that as well. For myself, a little bit of everything and not too much of anything. Life is too short to major in the minor.

Eat, train, recover and live...