Where are my 30 and up people?

Options
neishaw
neishaw Posts: 17 Member
They say that once you hit 30 and for me I'm almost 40 the weight is much harder to keep off. So with that said, if you are 30 and up please add me so that we can help each other win the battle of the bulge! :smile:

Replies

• Effumandshine
    Effumandshine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Here I am
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Turning 39 this month. I'm not sure I would agree with that though. Learning proper nutrition and losing it was the hard part for me at 35. Now that I have the knowledge and tools I actually find it pretty easy. :)
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'll be 45 this summer. Yes, as you get older it becomes more difficult to get rid of the weight...unless you keep your level of activity up.

If you (or anyone) would like to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so. :)
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 in a couple months, if you want to add me :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    42 and I've been in maintenance for years.
  • Tooney98
    Tooney98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree- at 38 and after 4 kids it seems impossible some days! We stay so busy that sometimes it's hard to eat healthy. Would love some friends!
  • Nicolau1982
    Nicolau1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    32 here. Already noticing how hard this 30 lbs is being. I try to stay optimistic since "it's only 30" but, omg.. Battle!
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Tooney98 wrote: »
    I agree- at 38 and after 4 kids it seems impossible some days! We stay so busy that sometimes it's hard to eat healthy. Would love some friends!

it's not about eating 'healthy' - that's a misnomer. Even being busy, it's about eating at a calorie deficit. Learning to eat in moderation, you can still eat the same foods you are used to eating, and will lose weight. here's a good place to start:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Me! I'm definitely the "and up" part! LOL! I'll be 40 in October...
    Oh and I have 2 kids, but... they are 20 and 13 so IDK how much that matters Hahahahahaha!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

it's not about eating 'healthy' - that's a misnomer. Even being busy, it's about eating at a calorie deficit. Learning to eat in moderation, you can still eat the same foods you are used to eating, and will lose weight. here's a good place to start:

That's not what my doctor said. She said low-carb is the way to go when you're almost 40. But I am just gonna do my own thing despite what she says because I know what works for "ME" !
  • mccindy72
    Options

That's not what my doctor said. She said low-carb is the way to go when you're almost 40. But I am just gonna do my own thing despite what she says because I know what works for "ME" !

I would agree with you, over your doctor. Low carb isn't necessary unless you have a thyroid or other health issue. I think a lot of doctors prescribe a low carb diet because it's an easy way to get people to drop some calories out of their daily diet. Learning to create a calorie deficit through moderation is a better long-term plan because it's maintainable. Most people don't maintain low-carb.
  • Tooney98
    Tooney98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

When I say "healthy", I truly mean, not McDonald's (etc). Ha!! But thank you for the link! Great to have a jumping off point!
  • neishaw
    neishaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's what I mean that it's harder to lose once you put the pounds on. I'm no stranger to exercise or eating healthy but having children sure makes is harder to do.
  • zahraa08
    zahraa08 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm 36 and never cared about my weight. Hit my 30's is when I really got to start watching or incorporating healthy eating and exercise, totally against quick diets, rather a healthy lifestyle to sustain.
  • zahraa08
    zahraa08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    neishaw wrote: »
    That's what I mean that it's harder to lose once you put the pounds on. I'm no stranger to exercise or eating healthy but having children sure makes is harder to do.

I have 3 kids, ages 15, 14 boys and my daughter just turned 12 may 3
    I feel now it's even more important to show them how exercise and eating healthy is so important and staying away from processed junk fast food
    They keep me motivated to go!!
  • beakers322014
    beakers322014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :-) I'm 33 and I could definitely use some help as well :-)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Turning 37 this month!
  • Fitness4Forty
    Fitness4Forty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to leave my 30's...
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    40in976 wrote: »