Nutrimed I'm about to quit. HELP!!!

I am half way through 12 week nutrimed diet And I'm not getting the results I had hoped for. I'm down 21 pounds but I still have 40 to go. Any ideas on how to speed things up. I'm following the diet to a T and exercising like crazy getting 1.6 pounds a week is very discouraging. I'm ready to quit and have a martini. Help!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    you lost 21 pounds and you want to quit????

what is the nutrimed diet? Is it super restrictive????
  • tcb998
    tcb998 Posts: 9 Member
    800 calories a day. Shakes and protein bars. It's so hard. No alcohol or eating food. I have such a ways to go.
  • ndj1979
    tcb998 wrote: »
    800 calories a day. Shakes and protein bars. It's so hard. No alcohol or eating food. I have such a ways to go.

no eating food???

so you are drinking 800 calories of shakes every day? ????
  • tcb998
    Yes and I have to cook for my family. It's awful. So after a week seeing only a pound off is heartbreaking
  • tcb998
    Thanks. I will try.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Is this a medically directed and supervised diet?
  • tcb998
    Yes but I only see md once a mont. I get weighed in weekly by a counselor in his office who is not too helpful
  • brianpperkins
    tcb998 wrote: »
    Yes but I only see md once a mont. I get weighed in weekly by a counselor in his office who is not too helpful

In that case the wise course is to talk to your doctor, not his assistant or counselor.
  • tcb998
    I will see him next week.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    You can do about as well just using MFP, but I wouldn't expect to lose weight faster under any circumstances. You are losing at a healthy pace, but not in a sustainable way. Quit that expensive and unsatisfying stuff and eat real food, Calories In, Calories Out! Good luck and congrats on your loss so far!
  • brianpperkins
    htg20 wrote: »
    You can do about as well just using MFP, but I wouldn't expect to lose weight faster under any circumstances. You are losing at a healthy pace, but not in a sustainable way. Quit that expensive and unsatisfying stuff and eat real food, Calories In, Calories Out! Good luck and congrats on your loss so far!

I would agree with you if this were a self directed path. Telling a person to go against medical advice is something that I cannot agree with.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2015
    How terrible not being able to eat regular foods... you are losing though at a pretty good pace for us not knowing your stats...
    Try logging in some foods in the food diary here on mfp to get an ideal of calories in the foods you like. Then you can see how many calories you had been eating. Set up mfp to find out how many cal. you can eat to lose 1-2 pds a week..and speak to your doc about it.
    Play with the site a bit to feel comfortable with it.
    Then fit in that Martini !!!! good luck.
  • brianpperkins
    grh50 wrote: »
    From a doctor's physician asst, I learned that too many carbs/calores make you store fat and likewise too few can also make you store fat because you go into starvation mode and your body doesn't want that. I've been having good luck with low carbs and 1200 -1400 calories AND journaling in MFP everyday.

NO! That is such a debunked myth it amazes me that anyone believes it.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Your mental health is important too. Talk to your doc. Tell him how you feel. Perhaps another plan will be better for you.
  • ndj1979
    grh50 wrote: »
    From a doctor's physician asst, I learned that too many carbs/calores make you store fat and likewise too few can also make you store fat because you go into starvation mode and your body doesn't want that. I've been having good luck with low carbs and 1200 -1400 calories AND journaling in MFP everyday.

absolute hogwash ...
  • Gmanjudo
    Gmanjudo Posts: 2 Member
    You're not drinking anything other than water are you? flavored drinks can have literally hundreds of calories that people don't even think about. To get around how boring JUST water is I drink green tea (plain). 0 calories, tasty, and filled with antioxidants.

Don't listen to the person talking about starvation mode. That's not science, just an odd old myth.
  • alyxls
    alyxls Posts: 29 Member
    I know you said that you see a doctor there, but were you recommend to this by your doctor or does the doctor who recommended it to you work at the weight loss center? If the only doctor who told you this is a good idea is one who is profiting from you, you may want to get a second opinion from another source.
  • hdrawe
    hdrawe Posts: 1 Member
    So sorry if I'm late to the game on this - but stop exercising so much. I know it may be against what other places tell you but as soon as I stopped my crazy gym habits the weight came off. Now, this was extremely hard for me because I had always went to the gym religiously just never saw an change - so instead of going so antsy I did a ton of yoga and barre to stay in shape. I am on Nutri Med and it's tough - but the best decision I've ever made. Good luck if you are still on and it. It's very hard for people to wrap their head around - so I understand the comments!