Really needing advice !!

2»

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member

scottf4413 wrote: »

Very compassionately and we'll stated.

Thanks, I've been there before so I know what it takes to beat it!!!
  • simplistichedonistic
    simplistichedonistic Posts: 1 Member
    2000 is low for recovery from a restrictive ED. I ate around 3500 kcal/day in recovery and only gained about 500g/week. Your body needs the energy primarily to repair damage, not just to gain weight. It is also important that you are not worried about eating too many calories in recovery. You need to feel free to eat whatever you want so you can recover from the mental aspect of the ED.
  • niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    2000 is low for recovery from a restrictive ED. I ate around 3500 kcal/day in recovery and only gained about 500g/week. Your body needs the energy primarily to repair damage, not just to gain weight. It is also important that you are not worried about eating too many calories in recovery. You need to feel free to eat whatever you want so you can recover from the mental aspect of the ED.

Aw tank you so much your advice is great!
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member

Yes!!
  • niamh211

I'm trying to intake 2500 but I'm really worried il gain loads! I can't seem to accept that this amount is necessary
  • jorinya
    niamh211 wrote: »
    I'm trying to intake 2500 but I'm really worried il gain loads! I can't seem to accept that this amount is necessary

Try not to worry. That is a big problem all on its own. Try to enjoy the journey, one day at a time. Live for today and not tomorrow and let your worries take care of themselves. You can do this!!!
  • niamh211
    jorinya wrote: »
    niamh211 wrote: »

Try not to worry. That is a big problem all on its own. Try to enjoy the journey, one day at a time. Live for today and not tomorrow and let your worries take care of themselves. You can do this!!!

Aw I love that advice I def need to live for today and not 2moro I tink too far ahead I need to just take each day as it comes and enjoy being able to eat whatever wat I want and not have to worry about gettin fat as weight gain will make me happier and healthier
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Another thing to remember...when most people talk about bulking and gaining weight, they're almost exclusively gaining just muscle and fat. You are not in that group.

People with ED histories and who have maintained too-low weights for too long are in a different situation. ED sufferers lose muscle and fat, but also things like bone density and organ tissue. During weight restoration, you're gaining back that kind of tissue as well -- your bones get stronger, your organs repair themselves, your fingernails get stronger, etc. That kind of weight gain is "invisible," so when your bones get stronger, it doesn't mean that your body gets bigger. You're going to put on weight that doesn't "show" in terms of how much space your body takes up. Yes, you'll also get bigger, and that's good, but you have to remember that there's a lot of necessary internal repair happening too.
  • NutritionHealth4Life
    NutritionHealth4Life Posts: 90 Member
    I was touched by your story. I have to say those that are coming across as harsh most likely don't understand your specific situation. I sense a lot of fear in letting go of your restrictive eating lifestyle and yes I'm talking from experience. Maybe you could pick a starting point that is lower than what is suggested and hit that number every day for a week. Then the next week increase the number by maybe 200 or whatever is comfortable and do that for a week. Maybe continue this cycle until you hit your target caloric/nutrient needs. It is important to consume healthy foods so that your body can get the nutrients it needs to repair and rebuild. Very importantly, look in the mirror and tell yourself that you love and like yourself.
  • ossadsf
    ossadsf Posts: 12 Member
    I think it's really good that you're trying to get better. But iirc, it can actually be quite dangerous to up the amount you're eating too quickly & you might be better off doing what nuyritionbycat says & increase gradually by a couple hundred kcal til you get up to 1500-2000 & then up it by larger increments. Also, idk whether it's money or what that's keeping you from getting medical help to get thru this, but it might be worth considering whether it's possible for you to see a dietitian or something - after all, eating disorders are medical problems & having some advice from doctors could be good.
  • jorinya
    I was touched by your story. I have to say those that are coming across as harsh most likely don't understand your specific situation. I sense a lot of fear in letting go of your restrictive eating lifestyle and yes I'm talking from experience. Maybe you could pick a starting point that is lower than what is suggested and hit that number every day for a week. Then the next week increase the number by maybe 200 or whatever is comfortable and do that for a week. Maybe continue this cycle until you hit your target caloric/nutrient needs. It is important to consume healthy foods so that your body can get the nutrients it needs to repair and rebuild. Very importantly, look in the mirror and tell yourself that you love and like yourself.

Wow, nicely put, the part about those who come across as harsh. Unless you walk in and there person's shoes you never know where it pinches!!! Niamh, you can do this, you really can. I'm behind you all the way!!!! Try the advise above and don't be afraid!!! Fear is the enemy!!!! Hope is your friend!!!!
    You go girl!!!! You got this!!!!!