Breast Lift

Options
Hi Everyone,

Do you notice that after a significant amount of weight loss your boobs tend to lose there voluptuousness! I am seriously considering a breast lift and I haven't even had children yet. I lost 46 pound btw an I am the only one that notices this? I see celebrities on the tv all the time that lose a big amount of weight and they have no stretch marks, sagging skin etc.. I am doing something wrong or are these people having surgery?

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 100% thinking about it!!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to not alter your bewbies until you are done having kids. pregnancy/breastfeeding does some crazy things to them and you don't really want to fork over money to have something done if you are just going to do it all over again
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks to weight loss I have also had breast loss...
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    When I lost 106lbs several years back I had a tummy tuck best thing I ever did. I put back on about half after 5 years of keeping the weight off and I still have a flat tummy. But I do agree with the above comment wait till your absolutely ready after weight loss and kids.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you want to, go for it. I personally feel a little icky at the thought of a lift because of the way the surgery works. I'm actually really looking forward to my boobs getting smaller (36I), so I don't think I'll be that sad about them going away!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Nope, welcome to the world of "saggy's" - it's disheartening. I haven't lost a cup size YET, but they have a noticeable droop and such. The hubs says he still likes them.... sure.

One, make sure to moisturize daily - a good lotion, like coco butter, almond oil, coconut oil (what I use) will help the skin.
    Two, make sure you eat right, drink enough water and if needed, take a multi-vitamin. There are "other" vitamins and herbs that are supposed to help, but the basic needs can be covered w/ a good diet & water.
    Third, which IMO some will discredit or dislike, do so strength/weight lifting to help the chest muscles. Doesn't have to "go big or go home" but in my case, has helped since I started doing some.

Sadly, boobs are fat. So as you loose, they "fade" away. Some are more gifted, but others no so much.

I'm not ever going for implants, but I may consider a "skin bra" or lift someday. Probably not, LOL, but who knows.
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    After breastfeeding for 51/2 years (oldest until she was 31/2, through my second pregnancy and second until she was 21/2) I looked like I had tube socks with tennis balls in the toes, nothing was helping. I had a lift and they were awesome and then I lost weight and they lost the fullness so I got implants, not huge, only a c cup. Now they stay the same size (for the most part) while I lose everywhere else.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have read that if you start lifting weights especially targeting your chest muscles that it acts as a natural breast lift. I have been lifting for about 2 months now and I have noticed a slight difference or at least they aren't getting any worse. I would look into all the non surgical methods before going under the knife.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am so getting one once I get to my goal weight. After breastfeeding and losing weight they have their fullness and by the time I get to my goal they will be sad, shriveled, skin bags hanging on my chest:( So yeah I am gonna get them put back where they belong:)
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing isometric exercises for my large grrls and it seems to be working fine!
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yea, so I hear it is better to get implants than I lift, but my breast are way too big for that.
  • Cockney365
    Cockney365 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am definitely having implants/lift when I have lost all the weight I want to lose. I have gone from a 38HH at my biggest to a current 34E, which would be a fine amount if they were where they were supposed to be, instead of parallel with my elbows! I haven't had children yet (I am 31!) but I won't be having any children if I don't like myself enough to find someone to get naked and pregnant with! So I would rather get to how I want to look, which includes surgery, and deal with the kids thing later (or not at all, I am undecided about having children anyway)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Celebrities have Photoshopped pictures, which is why they don't appear to have stretch marks or sagging. I'm 49 and have had two kids; hell yes, I have sagging. Even if I were in a financial position to do so, I wouldn't have plastic surgery. I avoid general anesthesia like the plague. I don't have a problem with others who do. We all have to live in our own bodies.
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Options
    I kinda feel the same way. I don't want to get naked in front of anyone right now because of my breasts. It is like you have reached such an amazing goal and you are healthier and you never want to go back but things like stretch marks, sagging skin and saddle bag boobs make it hard confidence wise.
  • FineFitFatty
    Options
    Yea, so I hear it is better to get implants than I lift, but my breast are way too big for that.

I've heard that surgeons no longer do just lifts. Not exactly sure why that's the case, but you might want to look into it before you make up your mind. And I 100% agree that if you plan to have children and nurse... wait until then because those babies RUIN your breasts.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i HATE what weight loss has done to my boobs. i never had perfectly fantastic boobs to begin with, but now? ugh! the tops are so deflated i can pick up the skin.. i lay down and im 100% flat.. i dont even like my husband seeing them. i am hoping to get an augmentation soon, im afraid i will need a lift too. they arent terribly low, but i cant imagine a dr seeing my breasts would choose NOT to do a lift and just go for an implant. i just feel so much less feminine now, and less proportional. im just scared to go forth with it though, as in what if they look worse after and i ruin my own little boobies lol
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have every intention of getting a breast lift and a tummy tuck when I reach my goal weight. I'm already saving for it. I'm afraid of scarring and lost of sensitivity but this sagging skin has to go.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    celebrities have photoshop!
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Options
    and money for surgery
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Celebrities have Photoshopped pictures, which is why they don't appear to have stretch marks or sagging. I'm 49 and have had two kids; hell yes, I have sagging. Even if I were in a financial position to do so, I wouldn't have plastic surgery. I avoid general anesthesia like the plague. I don't have a problem with others who do. We all have to live in our own bodies.

This! I try not to compare myself to photoshopped pics and people that have had modifications to their body. I have very normal, all be them gravitationally challenged, post 4-babies boobs. Actually looking into surgery is how I found my way here- decided I'd try to get my stomach skin tight with working out before having my body chopped into.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!