200 calorie lunch idea?

Options
I want to save my calories for later on in the day. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    salad
    couple of hardboiled eggs
    nuts and fruit
    sandwich thin or english muffin with egg
    cereal
    chicken breast (weighed carefully)
  • mch2829
    mch2829 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Baked potato. Cabbage. 2-3 pieces of fruit. Beans. A grilled chicken sandwich (The tyson grilled chicken is about 110 calories and 2 pieces of bread would be about 120. 230 calories total and pretty filling)

Take your pick. There are plenty of options to stay around 200 calories for one meal and still feel satisfied.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Soup. Can't beat it!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    some salmon and salad.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Salad with grilled chicken breast, can come in close to 200. (OPA greek yogurt dressing).
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Have you looked in the recipe section? There's tons of ideas in there. Also www.skinnytaste.com. And www.eatingwell.com and www.ambitiouskitchen.com are really good websites for ideas. There's also Pinterest
  • Gaviota22
    Gaviota22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches is 1 cup of Great Value (Walmart) Strawberry Awake cereal (110 cal) + 1/2 cup fat free milk (45 cal) + 1 piece of Saputo Frigo String Cheese (50 cal)... total = 205 cal. Good luck!
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like to a protein bar and a diet drink but it's not the most filling. I'd like some ideas on this as well.
  • wfarrens
    wfarrens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm making the assumption that you are working during the day. If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they have a pretty great selection at their hot bar. I will often pick up a chicken breast or a fish filet and pile on lots of different veggies, which is usually around 200 calories. I guess you could also make the same thing at home and bring it with you. My store also carries water with fresh fruits and/or herbs infused in the beverage section, which makes for a nice calorie-free "treat" when you want something to make the meal more exciting.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Half cup of cottage cheese and a fruit cup comes in at 180 for me, I usually have this for breakfast, but it could be a lunch also.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hummus, crackers, and an orange. ~250
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    4 oz extra lean meat (chicken breast or ground beef/turkey) with a bag (about 12 oz) of frozen cruciferous vegetables (broccoli/cauliflower, etc). Spicy mustard and even pickles on the veggies. It takes a while to eat and will fill you up.....although you may not be pleasant to be around :smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    yogurt
    soup salad
    lots of raw vegetables
    egg
    sandwich depending on what you put on it
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Nimble bread with chicken paste
    hartleys jelly 10 calorie a pot
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people suggested "salad". It's very easy to create a salad of 1000 calories or more.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people suggested "salad". It's very easy to create a salad of 1000 calories or more.

I think the assumption here is that she'd obviously count the calories of whatever she's making. It's possible to make any meal 1000 calories or more.
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Not if you just have lettuce, cucumber, peppers, onions, tomatos etc. Unless you ate a salad mountain! Adding protein (meat/fish) adds up to a few hundred. The potential killer is the dressing - some are horrendously high in calories - but choose carefully and you're fine.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm saving my calories for dinner tonight too. Lunch will be 1/2 C full fat cottage cheese (4%), 8 grape tomatoes, and 1 Tbsp of roasted sunflower seeds. A few grinds of black pepper on top. Clocks in around 170 calories.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt & small portion of fruit
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I get those premade salads from the grocery store for my work lunches. They're anywhere from 190-280 calories. Most of them are super delicious and I'll often have a sparkling water with them.