200 calorie lunch idea?

Options

Replies

• spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I with the Soup team. It's always my lunch on Fridays because weekends. However, I have unsalted tops with mine.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have access to a Toaster and Microwave (if you're at Work).
    But a couple slices of Wholemeal Toast with some baked beans is pretty filling for me!
    Probably one of the only Meals less than 250 cals that would actually fill me up.
  • rayonnar
    rayonnar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Filling and delicious!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I make soup, chili, stuffed peppers, etc all for 150-200 calories per serving.
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    2 egg + 2 egg white omelette with 4 oz sauteed spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and seasoning
    Turkey Chili - made with ground turkey, Mrs. Dash chili seasoning, tomato sauce, tomatoes, celery & kidney beans (only has around 220 cals per serving and is very filling!)
    Big salad with romaine, 4-5oz chicken breast, cucumber & Walden Farms calorie free caesar dressing
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ravioli with a low-cal sauce
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch for when I'm planning ahead to eat out is a single serve packet of Starkist tuna (I buy the albacore because I'm picky) on top of a huge pile of greens (lettuce, spinach, whatever); I just buy a bag of the prewashed and eat about 1/2 of it. The tuna is only 80 calories, add the greens (20-40 calories, depending on how much you pile on, usually 20 for me) and you have a really filling meal for 100 calories! You can season it with herbs and spices and maybe some lemon or lime juice to avoid adding significant calories. The protein and the volume is what makes it filling. :smile:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,220 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I use progresso/campbell's soups for lunch usually. Can be as low as 160 calories (or as high as 560) for an entire can and its relatively filling.
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A can of lentil soup.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's turkey stuffed pepper... 190 calories of YUM
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    200 calories is barely a snack imo. I marvel at how a lot of you live on so little.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    200 calories is barely a snack imo. I marvel at how a lot of you live on so little.

I have small lunches all the time because I love to eat huge dinners. It isn't that some of us live on little, it's that some of us distribute our calories unevenly throughout the day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

I have small lunches all the time because I love to eat huge dinners. It isn't that some of us live on little, it's that some of us distribute our calories unevenly throughout the day.

which would make us quite similar 70% of mine are on dinner, but with a reasonable breakfast i can skip lunch altogether. Id just find eating a small amount annoying and once I start eating I prefer to carry on.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    A salad with lots of lettuce, some tomatoes and cucumbers, and some grilled salmon, tuna, or chicken.
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    half a package of ramen noodles with half the packet of seasoning is 190 calories
  • janejellyroll
    Options

which would make us quite similar 70% of mine are on dinner, but with a reasonable breakfast i can skip lunch altogether. Id just find eating a small amount annoying and once I start eating I prefer to carry on.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I workout after work, so I find I do better with eating lunch, even if it is small. If I worked out in the mornings, I could probably skip it many days.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli and stilton soup (190 calories) for lunch today to make room for a hot dog later. Pretty full now 3 hours later.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    @tnamarie0831, promoting a product through your affiliate links is against the rules here.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people suggested "salad". It's very easy to create a salad of 1000 calories or more.

What the heck are you putting in your salads? Even most McDonald's salads are well under 1000 calories. I suppose if you put a few chicken tenders and a cup of Buttermilk Ranch on it you can hit over 1000, but I'm sure that's not what most people are suggesting for a 200 calorie salad.

For my salads I like to use lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, 2-3 ounces of chicken breast. I top it off with a teaspoon of olive oil, a lot of vinegar, and some light Parmesan or feta cheese crumbles. It's usually between 200 and 300 calories, mostly from the chicken and olive oil.

For eating out, I go to Chipotle quite often and get a veggie burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, corn salsa, lettuce, and light cheese. It comes to just over 500 calories (it'll be a lot less if you skip the corn salsa and cheese), but I only eat half the first day and save the rest for lunch the next day.