Ways to get the body out of plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food all the time ever since I started weight loss. I started at 316 pounds and now or 2 weeks ago I was 247. could it be my body is use to the routine

If you are 247 lbs I can't understand why 2500 would be your goal. I'm a 30 year old man who started at 258, and my initial goal as per MFP was 1980.

You're overeating.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am also experiencing plateau at the moment. I have lost about 10 pounds so far and keeping the same weight for the last month or so. I am actually gaining weight back very very slightly.
    I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. Mostly just a class that goes for 30 - 45 mins, and then one personal session for just weight lifting.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    When you go to My Home and click on Goals ... what are your goals? How many pounds or kilograms are you aiming to lose each week?

Have you let MFP recalculate your goals at your current weight? As you lose weight, you should be eating fewer calories.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I would suggest fewer calories, like way fewer. Try 1500 calories for a few weeks.
    Hold off on additional exercise until you get your calorie deficit figured out and you are losing the amount of weight that matches your deficit.

In other words, if you have a 1000 calorie deficit and you actually lose 2 pounds a week.

Yes! This ^ ^

• KatieMusselwhite92113
    KatieMusselwhite92113 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    GREAT job on your loss so far! I'm just going to reiterate the others.... your calorie goal is very much too high for you from the sounds of things. I think you could go under 2000 for sure.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Try more like 1800 plus exercise calories, I'd guess. And estimate your exercise calories conservatively.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if you're not losing, you're not in a deficit. Additionally, one does not "jump start" their metabolism.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I took 2 weeks off from eating healthy and exercising hoping to jumpstart my metabolism when I start back again next week.

Do what?? Please explain this. Also please explain what eating healthy means to you and why it means that. Also please explain what a plateau means to you.

Not trying to be mean but just want to help you think this through.