Need help hit a Plateau

so the weight isn't coming off anymore. My top abs are showing a little but I have a lower belly. I'm at around 175 or 176 I want to get to 165 lean ripped and shredded. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight? Can you open your diary?
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Fitlifestyle4life Posts: 53 Member
    I just started using this and it's been a good 4 or 5 weeks. I'm trying to lose a pound a week and I'm stuck around 175 or 177
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Do you weigh your food using a scale? You may not be maintaining the deficit you think you are. Do you follow an exercise program? I saw no movement in the scale about 5 weeks after I got back to tracking calories, probably due to exercise water retention and the like.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    age, height, calorie goal?
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    I'm 24 I'm 5'8 I do workout hard. I have a food scale and in calorie king it lets me track it in terms of grams and tells me how many calories that is. Here is cups? I do weight my food. Monday legs, Tuesday chest, Wednesday back and shoulders, Thursday arms, Friday legs again. That's why I'm trying to use this to track what I'm doing wrong.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I'm 24 I'm 5'8 I do workout hard. I have a food scale and in calorie king it lets me track it in terms of grams and tells me how many calories that is. Here is cups? I do weight my food. Monday legs, Tuesday chest, Wednesday back and shoulders, Thursday arms, Friday legs again. That's why I'm trying to use this to track what I'm doing wrong.

lots of us track in grams here too.

What is your calorie goal at now?
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    The usual culprit is underestimating the calories consumed and possibly eating back too many exercise calories, as they’re generally overestimated.

If you don’t mind opening your diary, we might be able to help spot any weaknesses in your logging. And I only track in grams, actually. You just need to find the entries in the database that aren’t in cups.

Also ^
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    How do you track in grams doesn't show me that option. And is 1960? I only got 240 calories left! wtf? Is this a starvation diet? When I weighted the viggies it came out to 200 grams witch is like 221 calories. I also changed my macros to be higher protein lower carbs but how can my macros be 1960?
  • SezxyStef
    edited May 2015
    It depends on your activity level, age, gender weekly goal for weight loss...which should be about 1/2lb a week for you and remember you are to record exercise calories and eat them back...

this might help with logging
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=Logging+accurately
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    How do I open my diary and it doesn't give me the option to put in in grams. It says cups so I got 200 grams and that's almost 230 calories. This is so confusing man
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Yall can't see my diary? Can you homies help me out? I'm freakin confused. How can my macros be so low?
  • SezxyStef
    Yall can't see my diary? Can you homies help me out? I'm freakin confused. How can my macros be so low?

MFP sets them to minimums.

I actually use the custom settings instead. Using my TDEE.

As for your Diary settings go to settings diary settings and down at the bottom you choose private, public friends only...make it public.
  • SezxyStef
    edited May 2015
    How do I open my diary and it doesn't give me the option to put in in grams. It says cups so I got 200 grams and that's almost 230 calories. This is so confusing man

Then the entry is a user entered one...don't use it.

Click that link I gave you to see how to log in MFP...you can change entries or find USDA entries or make your own.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Thanks brah I made my Diary open.
  • SezxyStef
    Thanks brah I made my Diary open.
    you ate 10 cups of veggies?

Read that link it will help with the logging and choosing entries.

If you know your TDEE and what you want your macros to be set custom goals....goals...custom etc...
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Was tedd??? I read your post and is confusing! So how do I know how many 200 grams is? It does not give me this option?
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Your calorie goal is 1960 BEFORE exercise. Log your exercise under Cardio (even if it's a strength exercise) and it will give you more calories you can eat.

And make sure that you set up your goals correctly. With 10 lbs to lose, it should be set to 0.5 lb per week. And you need to make sure you picked the right lifestyle setting -- sedentary, lightly active, etc. Again, that will influence your calories.

Do try to find the best entries in the database that you can. There should be options that use grams. And make sure the entries match -- for example, did you weigh your veggies before cooking or after? If you weighed them after, then you need a "cooked" entry. And don't forget to log things you cook with, like oil or butter.

I doubt you ate 1000 calories of veggies for breakfast, so I'd redo that entry. Example: I typed "vegetables" into the database and scrolled around and found this entry: "Vegetables - mixed, frozen, unprepared." Now, it would only work if you weighed them raw and frozen. But just as a comparison for ballpark... 100g would be 64 calories. YOUR entry says "10 cups 90g" (which makes no sense, as 10 cups would weigh more than 90g) and somehow comes out to 1049 calories (probably because it input 10 cups).

If I look up your entry, the default serving is 2/3 of a cup, equivalent 90g. Which is 70 calories btw. Maybe you took the decimal point out by mistake? (1.0 got changed to 10, so TEN servings instead of 1)

If you see weird stuff like this, just double check it, try other entries, that sort of thing. Or ask someone on the forums, because sometimes it's hard to see our own mistakes.
  • SezxyStef
    oh okay..gotcha. Here are some more links for you to read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1183428-tdee-vs-neat?hl=TDEE+vs+NEAT#posts-18476322
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/737101-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner?page=2

200 grams probably equates to about 1-2 cups but the point is that you are choosing the wrong entry if you can't find a 100 gram option.

If it has a barcode scan it in with your phone app...if not find an entry that has grams.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Futuremanda I get that. I weighted it I got 200grams calorie told me that was 230 I forgot around this but here it won't allow me to put that
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Guys go check it out! I am still guessing her but I put 2 and 2/3 of cups and it looks more realistic closer to what calorie king told me. But how can I be 100% sure? I also cooked the eggs wit olives oil.