Need help hit a Plateau

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    For the olive oil, add it separately:

Oil - olive and then choose your serving.

Always weigh or carefully measure your oil, because oil is calorie dense, so small differences change the calories very quickly.

For the veggies, that looks more reasonable to me. The margin of error on something like veggies won't be too bad. Like if it's really 221 or 244, and not 236, you'll be okay. You'll get better at this the more foods you have to log anyway.

Did you get your veggies from a La Fe package? Do you still have the package? Because you can actually create your own entry using the package and entering grams.

If you bought veggies and cooked them, in future, use individual entries. Like if you did broccoli and cauliflower, weigh each, and use an entry for each. You'll get more accurate results.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Fitlifestyle4life Posts: 53 Member
    Yeah I got them from la fe and put it in the microwave. So I weight Broccoli in grams? And put it in?
  • futuremanda
    By the way: For any meal that you are going to eat regularly (at least once a week), once you get it logged correctly, with the entries you think are the best, and all components (including oil, etc), go to:

Quick Tools > Remember Meal.

Or if you are on mobile, click on the "... More" and choose Save Meal.

Next time you eat it, you can go to add your foods as usual, but instead of choosing all the foods, you can add the whole meal in one click. THEN just edit the portions. I do this with my breakfast -- I have the whole thing saved, so it gets added all at once. Then I just weigh each thing (because it'll be a bit different every day) and change the weights. So if it says 200g yoghurt from the saved meal but today it was 187, I click on the yoghurt entry, and change 200 to 187.

Saves time on finding all your entries again, for everything, every time.
  • futuremanda
    Yeah I got them from la fe and put it in the microwave. So I weight Broccoli in grams? And put it in?

If you have the La Fe package still, use it. It should show grams, and you can create your own La Fe entry to use, that uses grams, and matches your packaging. Or just go with what you have now -- I think it's close enough (it's just annoying if you're going to use it over and over, and making one with grams would be nicer to have).

I looked for it on the La Fe website, but can only find peas, not mixed vegetables. Sometimes I find nutrition labels on the manufacturer's website if I lost the packaging.

If you ever just buy some broccoli, yeah, you'd do it as its own thing. Wash and chop, then weigh and enter the raw weight using a database entry. The reason this would be more accurate is that there will be a more official entry, that will have lots of options for measurements. Nice and easy logging.

Your La Fe one was entered by another user, and isn't official, which is why it doesn't have grams. It therefore also could have errors, or cause you to make errors when you try to say how much you ate.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Dude I weight my food in grams on the scale but that's the thing I do not see grams. I think I got close cuz calorie king told me 200grams is 230 calories or something like that. This would be much simpler if I can just put it in terms of grams or calories
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Dude I weight my food in grams on the scale but that's the thing I do not see grams. I think I got close cuz calorie king told me 200grams is 230 calories or something like that. This would be much simpler if I can just put it in terms of grams or calories

it's been explained how to do that.

Either use your smart phone and scan the bar code

or

Find an entry for what you ate that is in grams.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Never mind lol I'm saying I don't see the option of entering in grams
  • SezxyStef
    Never mind lol I'm saying I don't see the option of entering in grams

not in the entry you've chosen nope so choose a different entry or use the scanner on your phone.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    I did use the scanner to put both foods in and the viiggies but shows in cups and oz
  • SezxyStef
    I did use the scanner to put both foods in and the viiggies but shows in cups and oz

There is a drop down box for you to choose then...it should have grams/oz/cups etc.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Hmmm let me check that I'm about to cook brown rice with chicken so stay posted cuz I might need help on how to put this in lol
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Guys!!! You see I put in the rice but doesn't have grams! This piss me off
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Guys!!! You see I put in the rice but doesn't have grams! This piss me off

It looks like the option you chose doesn't have a grams option. You need to search the database for options that have grams available in the dropdown.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Fitlife - it is one of the less fun things about the myfitnesspal database - full of entries that don't have grams or ounces. So you have to check out the different entries and see which one works. Or, scan the item or create your own entry.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Where's the drops down database
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Yo can you guys check my diary? Does the rice input look right?
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Yo homies!!!??? I need help!
  • futuremanda
    Try Rice - Brown, long-grain, cooked. It has a 100g option. So if your rice weighed, say 205g, you put 2.05 of 100g.

Though it's better to weigh rice dry and use the dry entry.

And you can always -- like I already said -- MAKE YOUR OWN ENTRY with the package. Then YOU can make it in grams. Simple. "Create a Food" under "My Foods" on the web, not sure on mobile.

Stop using your barcode scanner if you don't really understand MFP yet. Go to add a food, type in a search entry (like brown rice) and you'll see TONS of options. Choose one that works for you.

Your chicken is definitely wrong.

Chicken - breast, meat only, cooked, roasted <-- this would work if it is skinless, and boneless, and you weighed it after cooking.

One cup of that is 231 cals but you'll want to use the weight.

And I still don't see you adding the oil that you cooked the egg in. And did you cook the chicken in oil too? You need to log oil, it's really high in calories. (Not bad to eat, just bad to ignore, as you could eat a few hundred calories of it without knowing.)
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    I'm just confused so how do I put the oil? I did cook the chicken in olive oil too. Ugh did you got skype or FaceTime or something so you can guide me through it this *kitten* is frustrating I want to track it right to lose a pound a week
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Is this the real life?