Skinny fat- calorie surplus?

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

And OP to mean people in 12 posts has gotta be top 10.

This... happens a lot, I'm noticing. Which is a shame.

Yeah, some people can be terse but obviously if someone's asking for advice you're asking because you believe that someone of greater experience & knowledge than you will answer. To then immediately rebuke it & call it abuse is madness.

Oh yeah it happens all the time.

But only 12 posts in is pretty impressive.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't appreciate being made fun of and attacked. Also, why are you trying to make me feel stupid and assuming I am lying or not counting correctly. I came here for helpful, general advice and instead I am being laughed at and given joking responses. Who are you to assume I'm not counting correctly and/or lying? I was put on a high calorie/high salt diet by my cardiologist and was wondering if it should be increased now that I'm working out. I will just ask him because it seems this post is full of jealousy and rude people.

I'd totally be jealous if you were eating 3000-4000 calories and not gaining weight. But I highly doubt you are. If you are, I'd love to hear what you eat in a day, but you seem oddly resistant to this request.

• Kittenforever78
    Kittenforever78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stef I think you have a jealousy problem. I'm sorry you have to work so hard to burn calories and I don't. Again, I worked at an eating disorder clinic and have a BS in biology where I took a nutrition course. I am well aware of how calories work and how to track them. I was simply asking if I should increase them due to being more active. I will be asking my doctor instead since he is the one who suggested the diet I am on. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey!
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't appreciate being made fun of and attacked. Also, why are you trying to make me feel stupid and assuming I am lying or not counting correctly. I came here for helpful, general advice and instead I am being laughed at and given joking responses. Who are you to assume I'm not counting correctly and/or lying? I was put on a high calorie/high salt diet by my cardiologist and was wondering if it should be increased now that I'm working out. I will just ask him because it seems this post is full of jealousy and rude people.

I think consulting your doctor is a much better source in this case. I get the impression there are other factors involved here that are playing into the equation. I like to think people are trying to be helpful but so often on these forums it comes across with a condescending and even insulting tone. There are good people here who really do want to help. I suggest when you find them, send a friend request. Just pay no mind to the others.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stef I think you have a jealousy problem. I'm sorry you have to work so hard to burn calories and I don't. Again, I worked at an eating disorder clinic and have a BS in biology where I took a nutrition course. I am well aware of how calories work and how to track them. I was simply asking if I should increase them due to being more active. I will be asking my doctor instead since he is the one who suggested the diet I am on. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey!

Ah, a special snowflake.

Of course.

Edit: for your stats, even if you intensely exercised daily, you would burn cca 2300 calories. FYI. Therefore, you must be eating much, much less than that, if you’re not gaining weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

no one is attacking you ..

you asked why you are not gaining weight, and have received answers.

If you are not using a food scale there is no way that you are accurately tracking your intake.

do you really think that a 124 pound females intake level is going to be more then a 180 pound male???????

If you truly are eating that much and not gaining then you need to go to a DR as that is a sign of a serious medical issue.

This is not you being made fun of, this is you being given facts.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Actually I do... Yesterday I ate a little below 3600. When I do log everything for that day it comes out to be over 3000. I used to work for an eating disorder clinic so I know how to accurately count calories. I am eating 70-80 grams of protein per day mainly from chicken and protein shakes.

How exactly do you eat over 3000 calories but only have 70-80 grams of protein at the end of the day?
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OP, we are not trying to be mean. We can't help you given the information you provided. As stated about 70-80 grams of protien only equals 630 - 720 calores (each gram of protien equals 9 calories). Therefore the only conclusiton we can come to is that you're not eating enough. I repeat what the others are saying above: We need to know what you are eating to give you accurate advice.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Why are you so hesitant to tell us an example of your 3600 calorie per day menu?

I mean, if I can find a way to stuff that much food in my face a day and lose weight, I really want to know.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    bidimus wrote: »

I think consulting your doctor is a much better source in this case. I get the impression there are other factors involved here that are playing into the equation. I like to think people are trying to be helpful but so often on these forums it comes across with a condescending and even insulting tone. There are good people here who really do want to help. I suggest when you find them, send a friend request. Just pay no mind to the others.

And what others are those? Anyone who disagrees with the OP? Anyone who's blunt? I wonder about this mentality too. Not a lot of people here sugar coat things. I'm sorry if that hurts the OP's feelings. I'm sorry if she actually gets called out on her claims. This is an open forum, to exchange different opinions. OP is looking for a "yes man." Sorry this is not the place.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

if you have all the answers, why can't you gain weight and why are you here?
  • juggernaut1974
    edited May 2015
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    OP, we are not trying to be mean. We can't help you given the information you provided. As stated about 70-80 grams of protien only equals 630 - 720 calores (each gram of protien equals 9 calories). Therefore the only conclusiton we can come to is that you're not eating enough. I repeat what the others are saying above: We need to know what you are eating to give you accurate advice.

No - protein is only 4 calories/gr...so it's more like 300 calories per day

Fat is 9 cal/gr
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Uhhhh I'm pretty sure Stef is one of the most educated people on this forum? What the hell would she be jealous of??
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

4 Calories per gram - fat has 9. She's only eating approximately 300 Cals from protein. But, yes to the rest of this.

ninja'd by ceoverturf
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

It's actually 4...fat has 9 hence my question about drinking bacon fat (gross but it would do it)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Uhhhh I'm pretty sure Stef is one of the most educated people on this forum? What the hell would she be jealous of??

Hey, I’d be jealous if someone could somehow defy the laws of physics and lose weight eating 4,000 calories a day, like the OP claims. Majorly jelly. Jelly in my belly.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

nope I have a fact vs fallacy issue.

As for where you work and what degrees you have no proof...and by "bringing out the big guns" you are now suspect as ever...

but you "believe" whatever you want...I Know the facts...and what you are stating is not factual. Unless the sky is purple in your world...
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!! And I took an astronomy course, so I must know all about the universe. Plain and simple, you are wrong, you are not a biological marvel, and you can't accept being instructed on what you don't comprehend.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    This is a funny one.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

I’d be jealous if someone could somehow defy the laws of physics and lose weight eating 10,000 calories a day, like the OP claims. Majorly jelly. Jelly in my belly.

Oh well sure, but I doubt that's happening. If it is, I want to know the secret, because I had a salted peanut caramel blizzard for the first time yesterday and I wanna eat like ten of those things at once.