Skinny fat- calorie surplus?

Options

Replies

• terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just really want to know what you're eating OP. I can't fathom how you're getting that many calories in with such little protein.

No one attacking you. It's a legit concern. A friend questioned how I was eating so much protein once and claiming they only had fifty grams a day. He was a two hundred plus pound man. He was eating more protein than he thought clearly. I watched him do it. Calculations are easy to mess up when you aren't using the app.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Stef I think you have a jealousy problem. I'm sorry you have to work so hard to burn calories and I don't. Again, I worked at an eating disorder clinic and have a BS in biology where I took a nutrition course. I am well aware of how calories work and how to track them. I was simply asking if I should increase them due to being more active. I will be asking my doctor instead since he is the one who suggested the diet I am on. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey!

If you have a BS in biology and took a nutrition course, why are you coming here asking questions about nutrition then?

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stef I think you have a jealousy problem. I'm sorry you have to work so hard to burn calories and I don't. Again, I worked at an eating disorder clinic and have a BS in biology where I took a nutrition course. I am well aware of how calories work and how to track them. I was simply asking if I should increase them due to being more active. I will be asking my doctor instead since he is the one who suggested the diet I am on. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey!

You took a nutrition course?? You do know that those who specialize in nutrition (and who know the most about it) took like 4 - 6 years worth of nutrition courses right?

Also - if you knew how calories worked you would understand that what you're saying just doesn't work out or make sense. You gain when you eat more than your maintenance, you lose when you eat less. I don't know what your maintenance amount is, but it's different than everyone else's. You're simply eating under maintenance . . . I doubt it's 3-4K calories/day at your stats but whatever I'm not arguing it with you.

Best of luck.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Well this is new :bigsmile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Well this is new :bigsmile:

Mirror-universe.jpg
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

If you have a BS in biology and took a nutrition course, why are you coming here asking questions about nutrition then?
    giphy.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to fathom how somebody can eat only 80g protein (320 calories) and manage to achieve 3600 calories intake a day

I just can't ...please OP can you list just one days food so I can get my head around it
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

giphy.gif
    Bwahahaha! Well apparently this isn't the thread for me. I'm kind of fond of you know, logic. ;)

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to fathom how somebody can eat only 80g protein (320 calories) and manage to achieve 3600 calories intake a day

I just can't ...please OP can you list just one days food so I can get my head around it

I think I read somewhere once that Jared Leto chugged olive oil to gain weight for a role. Drinking oil might give you that kind of calorie/protein ratio.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I think I read somewhere once that Jared Leto chugged olive oil to gain weight for a role. Drinking oil might give you that kind of calorie/protein ratio.

I think I'd be too ill to perform after doing that.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

I think I'd be too ill to perform after doing that.

Yeah - I was just about to ask how he kept it down.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well, this was a fun read.

Ever notice how all of the special snowflakes NEVER have a food diary to prove their claims?

If I could eat 3000 calories and lose weight with those stats, I sure as hell would want to prove it to everyone.

Also? I'm on 1210 calories and eat more protein than her. Mind boggling.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Something like this maybe.

B7Tv4wRCMAANiHn.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP left the building quite a long time ago...

I was really hoping for that Friday thread that just keeps you engaged! Darn it...
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    A BS in biology is not a BS in nutrition, btw. Your BS is as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to human nutrition.

BS being the operative word
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I don't appreciate being made fun of and attacked. Also, why are you trying to make me feel stupid and assuming I am lying or not counting correctly. I came here for helpful, general advice and instead I am being laughed at and given joking responses. Who are you to assume I'm not counting correctly and/or lying? I was put on a high calorie/high salt diet by my cardiologist and was wondering if it should be increased now that I'm working out. I will just ask him because it seems this post is full of jealousy and rude people.

So unless you were eating like zero sodium before, I have never heard of a cardiologist putting anyone on a high salt diet since high amounts of sodium are bad for the heart (and the rest of your body).

Also a cardiologist only knows about your heart . . . why would he/she be putting you on any kind of a diet? I would think you'd want to consult a nutritionist or dietician or someone who specializes in this. If you want a bypass or had a heart attack previously, sure see a cardiologist . . . but for nutrition? It's just not their speciality.

Isn't Dr Oz a cardiologist......

Well it would be his style to put someone on something like that . . . maybe he is the OP's cardiologist?? I mean those special snowflakes should get the very best in health care, amiright?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a 6'9", 230 pound man who lifts three times a week, walks ten miles a day, eats 240 grams of protein a day, and who would gain weight on 3600 calories a day, I'd be sort of jealous of such a tiny person who wouldn't gain. Too bad she's gone.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Something like this maybe.

B7Tv4wRCMAANiHn.jpg

DEAD. Literally laughing out loud at my desk.

On a more relevant note, I did want to say that the high salt thing might not be...totally out to lunch. My GP has recommended to me for years that I consume quite a lot of salt because it helps bring my low blood pressure up to a point where I don't have purple hands and feet and get dizzy/pass out when I stand quickly or for too long or whatever. So there is one legit reason to do it that I know of...not that that really improves the rest of the OP's claims or anything.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I don't appreciate being made fun of and attacked. Also, why are you trying to make me feel stupid and assuming I am lying or not counting correctly. I came here for helpful, general advice and instead I am being laughed at and given joking responses. Who are you to assume I'm not counting correctly and/or lying? I was put on a high calorie/high salt diet by my cardiologist and was wondering if it should be increased now that I'm working out. I will just ask him because it seems this post is full of jealousy and rude people.

I have never heard of a cardiologist putting anyone on a high salt diet since high amounts of sodium are bad for the heart (and the rest of your body).

Also a cardiologist only knows about your heart . . . why would he/she be putting you on any kind of a diet? I would think you'd want to consult a nutritionist or dietician or someone who specializes in this. If you want a bypass or had a heart attack previously, sure see a cardiologist . . . but for nutrition? It's just not their speciality.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one the noticed that...