Anyone in their late 40s/just over 50?

Options

Replies

• mamanitlob1
    mamanitlob1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks like I might be one of (if not THE) oldest person to respond to your question: I'll be 65 the end of this year and counting calories has always worked for me...when I did it! Like so many others, 12-14 lbs just seem to creep up on me over the last couple of years so I recently began counting my daily calories again...aka being accountable for what I put in my mouth. I've only been doing it for about 10 days, but I'm down 21/2 pounds! So, be encouraged! It works.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm going to be 52 and it's never too late to change your lifestyle and it is a lifestyle change. Looking forward to supporting those to reach their goals.
    Lisa:smile:
  • MJEekhoff
    MJEekhoff Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm 43 and have now officially started my weight loss journey. I need to lose 80 - 90 pounds. Feel free to add me, too!
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's never, never too late! I'm 47 and always looking for like-minded friends.

I call things as I see them....did I mention that? But, I'm very supportive!
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have been on mfp for nearly 6 months but seem to have hit a plateau lately with very little weight loss - would love to make some new friends to motivate / support each other :)
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi folks-there's a 40s and 50s group under Community groups. We need more active MFPers to join us. It's a great opportunity to build friendships for accountability and encouragement, share tips and tricks, celebrate successes and more.

I'm a new 50 who just realized I'm obese. I gained 2-3 lbs a year for a decade. It went on so slowly I almost didn't realize it. At 188, I got serious about my health and have lost 20 lbs on my way to 20 more. I work out regularly, eat normal healthy foods and sometimes fall off the wagon.

Happy to meet new friends and I hope you'll join me in the Community.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    leebesstoad That is awesome!!
  • LeesaMarie63
    Options
    Hello, just turned 50, and was a eataholic...love pasta and sweets....but now I'm loving the pounds coming off even more...if I can do it anyone can, add me if you like..we can help motivate each other
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and had always been small until after I had kids and entered my thirties. I also have used food for comfort. As a victim of childhood sexual abuse and keeping it a secret for many years, I turn to food to feel better. At least it wasn't drugs or alcohol, but worse in that you have to deal with food to live. You can't go without it! After entering therapy and no longer keeping secrets I am learning to develop a new relationship with food. I have found that I love to walk in the woods with my headphones on. Music and the setting is now comforting me!! So I plan to focus on changing the way I react to life and to get stronger through exercise therapy!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 50ish and I've been on MFP for about 2 months. I was on here before but kind of got busy during the holidays. It isn't hard to lose weight at this age if you just eat at a deficit and train. I lift and do a little cardio and I've been losing a pound a week, which is pretty good since I don't have that much to lose. I recommend lifting, as it really will improve body composition and it is very important at our age to retain and possibly build muscle.

Anyone can add me as a friend. Good luck everyone!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in December and MFP has been pretty good for me.
    Everyone feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • 99thinner99
    Options
    54 for me....
  • Bordadoasalex
    Bordadoasalex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :wink: Great to find this forum of like people (40-50), and glad to see a variety of women. Like all of you I struggle an need some encouragement. I hope to find a couple of friends with same needs to help each other.
  • soon2b150
    soon2b150 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wish I could say just over 50, but I'm 56. I'm on my 831st diet. I started less than a week ago and I am highly motivated after seeing a video of me. I wondered who that fat woman was. Eee gads, it was me! I dragged my stationary bike into the living room and have found it quite easy to put some time in while I'm having morning coffee and watching GMA. My lovely daughter went on a diet and shed 25+ pounds a year ago and has managed to keep it off. I can too. So here I go! Not nearly as easy as it was 30 years ago with my work schedule keeping me tied to a desk now. I'd like to run a 1/2 marathon some day. I did 10K's about 20 years ago.
  • mnhockeymom63
    Options
    I just turned 50....and since hitting menapause I have managed to gain over 30 pounds and lose my self confidence. I have spent most of my adult life taking care of others.....now it is time for me.

Looking for weight loss buddies to get to a healthier and better place

:smile:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51 on Monday. I have lost 25lbs since Feb. Check out my profile; if you like what you see, feel free to add me.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 this year and been trying to get the extra 20 to 25 lbs off for the last two years. I can't even say I'm at a plateau as I never started to lose it - lol. I'm sure I'm beginning menopause as I'm so sporadic on my periods now. But I'm pushing ahead and not giving up. I'm active - doing, running, Insanity and core workouts and any motivation to help get me up and at it I will take. Feel free to friend me.
  • redemptionofself
    redemptionofself Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 in December with 3 boys, 1 in college 1 starting college and 1 still in high school. Stuck in the office in front of a computer all day so had to start doing something. I coasted for 20 years from my days as an athlete in high school and college but those days are gone. MFP makes it fun. Simple changes and small reductions in my daily calorie count coupled with a fitbit that reminds me constantly just to move and the weight has come down . Now just need to tighten it up a bit.. Feel free to add me and best of luck in your progress
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good to make a decision to get working...I did this year and not regreting it.. I'm 52....three years ago i was 300 lbs.. down to 234 now and keeping it going.
  • mmmahre
    mmmahre Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm 45 and just lost 31 pounds over the last 18 months. I too had noticed that the scale kept going up not down. I have made some major changes in my eating habits. Not a diet, a life change. I try to limit my sugar intake. Which is really hard since all processed foods are loaded with sugar. Trying to stick to clean eating with very little processed foods. I gave up most breads and pasta, sticking to whole grains. I exercise 6 days a week with a mix of Zumba for cardio and BodyPump for strength. My so called rest day usually includes a walk or a hike. Please friend me, and then you can watch my menu. I do have days where I eat like crap, but most days are pretty good.